ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - Approved but not done ceremony yet

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juniorcares
Newly Registered

Passport Application - Approved but not done ceremony yet

Post by juniorcares » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Guys,

Just a quick question relating to this too.

I have received my letter of invitation today(23/11/2016) and my ceremony is booked for the 15/12/2016 as this was the council earliest available date.

Can I apply for my passport now and if so how? I mean I have not attended the ceremony yet and I want to find out how the process works for me to apply for my passport now. I am keen to get it before Christmas.

please share more light on this guys.

Thank you

LilyLalilu

Re: Naturalisation and passport

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 pm

I have received my letter of invitation today(23/11/2016) and my ceremony is booked for the 15/12/2016 as this was the council earliest available date.

Can I apply for my passport now and if so how? I mean I have not attended the ceremony yet and I want to find out how the process works for me to apply for my passport now. I am keen to get it before Christmas.
You are not British until you have done your ceremony so can't apply for a passport before then.
Suggest you get your PP application ready and send it off on the day of your ceremony, doubt that you'll get the PP before Christmas though as it usually takes 4-8 weeks.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Application - Approved but not done ceremony ye

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:27 pm

@ juniorcares - it is not necessary to post the same question multiple times and is also rude to just tag your question onto other members topics. You don't appear to have applied using the JCAP service, so please stop posting your passport application questions in these threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.