ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengan visa for minor with Both parents BC

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ric1982
Member of Standing

Shengan visa for minor with Both parents BC

Post by ric1982 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:59 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding shegan visa for my three year old. She is Indian National and both parents are British national.

I am not sure which visa category we need to apply under.

xxxxxxx

Tourist Visa Or
EEA/EU SPOUSE

I have tried calling call center and I got two different replies both times.

Anyone please help.

Thanks,
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Shengan visa for minor with Both parents BC

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Where are you travelling to?

You will need to apply for a Schengen tourist visa through the consulate/embassy in London of your intended destination.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:21 pm

We are travelling to Spain.

She has right of abode? Does it means UK resident permit? If so can she apply under http://xxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 pm

@ric1982, stop linking to sites that cannot be verified. Its not necessary in relation to answer your question.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 pm

NO. Your child doesn't have an EEA residence permit. You will need to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/Spain/UK/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks. I undestand she need shengan visa but Which one?

Tourist Or EEA/EU Spouse?

Thats the query.

PS. I tried copy and pasting url from spanish VFS. Unforutantely its showing IP address instead of domain.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Assuming you are only visiting Spain, TOURIST (i.e visitor/holidaymaker). As you and your wife are British nationals you are not considered to be EU/EEA nationals for immigration purposes.

Neither is your daughter an EEA/EU Spouse :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Sorry but Just trying to understand. How come British Citizen not considered as EEA/EU national? My understanding is that UK is part of EU hence considered as EU national, isnt it?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:46 pm

ric1982 wrote:Sorry but Just trying to understand. How come British Citizen not considered as EEA/EU national? My understanding is that UK is part of EU hence considered as EU national, isnt it?
Not for the purposes of immigration etc. You are only considered an EU/EEA citizen in those cases when you have exercised a treaty right and only then can you avail yourself of them.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:03 pm

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... ficiaries/

Article 3 Beneficiaries
1. This Directive shall apply to all Union citizens who move to or reside in a Member State *other than that of which they are a national, and to their family members as defined in point 2 of Article 2 who accompany or join them.

*You and your wife are both British nationals residing in the UK.

Without the relevant Schengen visa your daughter will be refused boarding by the airline and refused entry at Spanish Border Control.
(Casa, not CR001)

mgb

Post by mgb » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:25 pm

Both are british citizen and therefore have to be handled as eu citizen in spain.
The child is a family member of a eu citizen and therefore a visa for the family member of eu citizen has to be applied. Such a visa is issued as a schengen visa mostly with the text family member EU in the remark section.
The visa is free and the questions marked with a asterisk in the application form
doesn't have to be answered. Precondition is a copy of the eu passport, passport of the family member and proof of the relation to the eu citizen.