ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I can't receive RC at home

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Duyon
Newly Registered

I can't receive RC at home

Post by Duyon » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi guys,

I have a doubt. On 22th of November I have received my documents back but I missed the delivery because I am working all day, they left a card with all details that explain what I should do to get it. Yesterday I went to Royal Mail Delivery Local and get it. I am wondering that I will miss the delivery from my RC as well. Will it work of the same way? I can get it afterwards if I lose the delivery? What happened if they try 2,3,4 times and I didn't receive?

Please any clue?

Thank you for all help.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: I CAN'T RECEIVE RC AT HOME

Post by ohara » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Royal Mail will not attempt to redeliver it unless you pay to arrange a redelivery. They'll just hold it at the sorting office for a certain amount of time (I think it's 18 days for standard signed for post) and if it hasn't been collected by then, they will return it to the sender.

LilyLalilu

Re: I can't receive RC at home

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:04 pm

You can arrange redelivery online, so far I'd never had to pay for it. You only have to pay if you ask them to deliger it to a post office near you.
You could even arrange it for a Sat morning so you can ensure you'll be home.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:30 pm

/LilyLalilu

They send BRP via DX delivry what happens then if they send DX delivry???

ying688
Newly Registered

Post by ying688 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:47 am

the BRP card is sent via DX delivery. I missed mine last month and I received a letter on the same day asking me to rearrange delivery. However I vaguely remember you can only rearrange for Mon-Fri.

Duyon
Newly Registered

Post by Duyon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:16 am

ying688 wrote:the BRP card is sent via DX delivery. I missed mine last month and I received a letter on the same day asking me to rearrange delivery. However I vaguely remember you can only rearrange for Mon-Fri.

Thank you ying688 for your answer. I was worried about it. This week is the last week to get my RC and I won't be able to receive it. Good to know that I will receive a letter and I can rearrange a delivery. Thank you very much.