ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a Cooling period for UK Visas?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gautham
Newly Registered

Is there a Cooling period for UK Visas?

Post by Gautham » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi,

I'm working in the UK and my visa is sponsored by my company. Recently my wife who is in India wanted to visit me and hence I applied for a tourist visa. The visa got rejected two weeks ago, stating that 'she might stay in the UK for a longer period since her husband is earning there'.

Now I am planning to apply for a dependent visa. I would like to know if there are any cooling period
only after which I can apply the visa?

Please help!

Regards,
Gautham

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Is there a Cooling period for UK Visas?

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Gautham wrote:Hi,

I'm working in the UK and my visa is sponsored by my company. Recently my wife who is in India wanted to visit me and hence I applied for a tourist visa. The visa got rejected two weeks ago, stating that 'she might stay in the UK for a longer period since her husband is earning there'.

Now I am planning to apply for a dependent visa. I would like to know if there are any cooling period
only after which I can apply the visa?

Please help!

Regards,
Gautham
No none at all. Completely different criteria for a dependent visa and you can apply as soon as you're ready.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Gautham
Newly Registered

Re: Is there a Cooling period for UK Visas?

Post by Gautham » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Hello Casa,

Terrific ! Thanks for your help..

Regards,
Gautham