ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding after sending off citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pochaco

Speeding after sending off citizenship application

Post by pochaco » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:38 pm

A friend of mine received a speeding notice a few days after sending off his citizenship application. He intends to pay any fine that might be given to him and then take part in a speed awareness course.

Should he contact Home Office right away or wait until the police send him the exact amount he has to pay, or wait even until he finished the speeding awarness course? So far he only received a note from the police and he answered it admitting that he was the driver when the speeding (perhaps he was doing 35 miles in a 30 zone) happened.

Furthermore how should he contact Home Office? In a letter, or email or by phone? Is there a set procedure for this?

May this speeding ticket affect his application, considering that about 12 years ago he received a reprimand in his home country for copyright infringement (a few pirated programmes had been found on his PC.)

pentaya
India

Re: Speeding after sending off citizenship application

Post by pentaya » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:05 pm

pochaco wrote:A friend of mine received a speeding notice a few days after sending off his citizenship application. He intends to pay any fine that might be given to him and then take part in a speed awareness course.

Should he contact Home Office right away or wait until the police send him the exact amount he has to pay, or wait even until he finished the speeding awarness course? So far he only received a note from the police and he answered it admitting that he was the driver when the speeding (perhaps he was doing 35 miles in a 30 zone) happened.

Furthermore how should he contact Home Office? In a letter, or email or by phone? Is there a set procedure for this?

May this speeding ticket affect his application, considering that about 12 years ago he received a reprimand in his home country for copyright infringement (a few pirated programmes had been found on his PC.)

How long did he applied for naturalisation ? 1 speeding fine should be okay though. After appliation there is nothing much anyone can do anything.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Any pending prosecutions during the processing of the BC application must be declared. :!:

"4.2 Failure to Disclose Convictions or Criminal Proceedings
Where an applicant has attempted to conceal criminal charges or has failed to take
reasonable steps to notify the Home Office that they have a prosecution pending,
the
decision maker will follow the guidance at section 8 – Deception & Dishonesty.
"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pochaco

Post by pochaco » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Casa wrote:Any pending prosecutions during the processing of the BC application must be declared. :!:

"4.2 Failure to Disclose Convictions or Criminal Proceedings
Where an applicant has attempted to conceal criminal charges or has failed to take
reasonable steps to notify the Home Office that they have a prosecution pending,
the
decision maker will follow the guidance at section 8 – Deception & Dishonesty.
"
Thank you. So what is the best way to contact them? Send a letter, or email or call?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:11 pm

I would send a letter to the Home Office and include the HO case reference. It would be prudent to sent it recorded delivery.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am

pentaya wrote:How long did he applied for naturalisation ? 1 speeding fine should be okay though. After appliation there is nothing much anyone can do anything.

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip
as my old relative used to say.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:32 am

noajthan wrote:
pentaya wrote:How long did he applied for naturalisation ? 1 speeding fine should be okay though. After appliation there is nothing much anyone can do anything.

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip
as my old relative used to say.
Very true :)