ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help..confusing situation.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leelaa
Newly Registered

please help..confusing situation.

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Hello everyone,
i would like some help..my situation is that i am from the uk and my bf is from canada, i have overstayed my month limit in canada and so i am pretty sure i am facing at least a 3 year ban... my bf is half french half itallian and has been trying to gain his itallian or frenh dal citizenship, but for certain reasons he has found out he is not eligable.
My qestion is, is there any way we can live in europe together, i'm not sure how he would go about getting a visa for an eu contry i'm not even sure how to find out if he is eligable, how can we find ot if he is eligable for a visa in an eu country?

Also i was wondering in i could move to a europian country since i am an eu citizen, and bring him there on a fiance visa, or could i sponsor him?
If we get married is he entitled to eu citizenship? would we have to get married in the uk, or anywhere in the eu? please help, i cant lose him again, i'm so stressed, any help would be appriciated.
leelaa.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 pm

You say he is half french and half italian. In which way is he each of these? What has he done to explore whether he is a citizen of these countries?

How old are you each? For each of you, what is your training and profession?

Do not get stressed. You are on the way to figuring out things. Give yourself some time.

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 pm

Hello, thanks for your reply,
i am 20 hes 25, hes half french canadian, and half itallian, we have asked the consulate about his itallian citizenship and they say his mum didnt reclaim her citizenship after 1992 so lost her citizenship. We dont really have a proffession, my b/f works in telemarketing and i'm experienced in customer service and waitressing, i started a degree in politics before in the uk, but didnt finish, i dont know what to do, i'm making myself ill over this, i cant stop crying..please please help..i know i've been stupid overstaying my visa in canada and have made things more difficult for myself, but the reason we waited so long is because we were waiting for him to get his french citizenship but it turns out even though his mum was born in france to itallian parents hes not eligable..

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm

leelaa wrote:Hello, thanks for your reply,
i am 20 hes 25, hes half french canadian, and half itallian, we have asked the consulate about his itallian citizenship and they say his mum didnt reclaim her citizenship after 1992 so lost her citizenship. We dont really have a proffession, my b/f works in telemarketing and i'm experienced in customer service and waitressing, i started a degree in politics before in the uk, but didnt finish, i dont know what to do, i'm making myself ill over this, i cant stop crying..please please help..i know i've been stupid overstaying my visa in canada and have made things more difficult for myself, but the reason we waited so long is because we were waiting for him to get his french citizenship but it turns out even though his mum was born in france to itallian parents hes not eligable..
You'd have to explain things a lot better.

Can you give a proper outline of his parents - their dates of birth, place of birth, past and present nationalities and whether he was born to them as a married or unmarried couple.

Explain this first, then we can take things from there...

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Hello, thanks again for your reply, the situation is that he is 25 and born and raised in montreal quebec (canada), his father is canadian, on his mothers side his grandparents are full itallian, however moved to france in around 1952 and gave birth to his mother in france in 1955 (however they were never made or naturalised french citizens, nor was my mother as we have checked with the french consulate). They were naturalised in canada in 1957 when his mother was 2 years old, he was born in 1982. I have called the itallian consulate in montreal who have said he cant claim citizenship this way because his mother became naturalized and missed her chance to re-claim in 1992, his aunt re-claimed her itallian citizenship but his mother didnt....i'm really not sure what to do...

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:38 pm

sorry..i forgot to tell you, yes, they were married at the time of his mothers birth and his mother was married to a canadian at the time of his birth.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:17 pm