ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Red Light Offence after naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mominshah
Newly Registered

Red Light Offence after naturalisation application

Post by mominshah » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi guys,
My mate has applied for the naturalisation in october 2016 and apparently he has broken a temporary red light signal yesterday which was on red for some time unluckily he was pulled over by police who were right behind him in a private car and after looking at his license they handed it back to him saying that he will get summons from the court. I am in no way here to defend his actions but now what happens to his naturalisation application ? He has never been involved in anything wrong prior to this stupidity, his application fee has been taken out and biometrics have been done as well. Does he need to do anything ? Where does he stand bear in mind all this happend yesterday.
Thanks for ur views and help in advance

pentaya
India

Re: Red Light Offence after naturalisation application

Post by pentaya » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:44 pm

mominshah wrote:Hi guys,
My mate has applied for the naturalisation in october 2016 and apparently he has broken a temporary red light signal yesterday which was on red for some time unluckily he was pulled over by police who were right behind him in a private car and after looking at his license they handed it back to him saying that he will get summons from the court. I am in no way here to defend his actions but now what happens to his naturalisation application ? He has never been involved in anything wrong prior to this stupidity, his application fee has been taken out and biometrics have been done as well. Does he need to do anything ? Where does he stand bear in mind all this happend yesterday.
Thanks for ur views and help in advance
He cannot do anything at the moment as the application is already in process. HO would know this incident happened recently after the application has been filed. So, There is no deception issue here.

But... The main issue is summons from court. Tell him to take good advice before attending court. He clearly made a mistake and request him to be polite and explain the situation with the Judge. But tell him not to let to speak unnecesarily about naturalisation application.

Any idea what date he applied for Naturalisation and when the biometrics has been given ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Most unfortunate timing.

May lead to refusal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mominshah
Newly Registered

Post by mominshah » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Biometrics were done on 4th november, how long does it normally take to receive summons ?

mominshah
Newly Registered

Post by mominshah » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Guys i really appreciate ur advice and i know he has made a stupid mistake but i just want to find a way to help him out with ur advice and help, i have read about various people here with these issues who were lucky enough to get there citizenship... there should be a way to solve this issue .. i hope.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:09 pm

mominshah wrote:Biometrics were done on 4th november, how long does it normally take to receive summons ?
He may get approval if lucky enough around Feb 1st week given the current timelines.
so mostly his approval depends on when the HO requests for the details. If he is lucky enough, HO may request all the checks details before the court order.
Last edited by pentaya on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mominshah
Newly Registered

Post by mominshah » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks pentaya ... so theres no need for him to tell HO about this right now ?

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:14 pm

mominshah wrote:Thanks pentaya ... so theres no need for him to tell HO about this right now ?
I dont think so.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Read the AN guidance; this needs to be notified :!:

mominshah
Newly Registered

Post by mominshah » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks matey... but unless hes convicted what is he supposed to tell them? when lawfully hes not even charged yet

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:08 am

4.2 Failure to Disclose Convictions or Criminal Proceedings
Where an applicant has attempted to conceal criminal charges or has failed to take reasonable steps to notify the Home Office that they have a prosecution pending, the decision maker will follow the guidance at section 8 – Deception & Dishonesty.
Similar case:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 20518.html

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:40 am

mominshah wrote:Thanks matey... but unless hes convicted what is he supposed to tell them? when lawfully hes not even charged yet
I would wait till the letter arrives and what it says.