ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Citizenship Application - REFUSED

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ToonBarmy
Newly Registered

Re: Child Citizenship Application - REFUSED

Post by ToonBarmy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Been quite some time since my last posting here, things have changed a fair bit since my last post, firstly we at least seemed to have the issue of obtaining a Swiss id card / new Swiss passport sorted as via contacting extended family members my wife had managed to contact her ex who had agreed to sign the consent form so that my stepdaughter could get her Swiss id card / new passport, we went to the Swiss consulate in London and paid and submitted everything, all documents were correct and in order, however the Father then contacted the authorities and withdrew his consent claiming he had not signed the consent form (even though it contained a photocopy of his passport) and that the signature was forged, whilst the Swiss authorities were sympathetic there was nothing they could do, the application was rejected at the final stage...we had endured similar dirty tricks in the past but this was a bitter blow, so back to the drawing board.

Anyway after months of waiting we received a letter this week that our appeal / reconsideration of the original refusal of British citizenship has been overturned !! :D , we then today received my stepdaughters certificate of British nationality :D , to say we were both surprised and delighted is an understatement...finally we can relax and get on with our lives as the past 9-10 months have been very stressful.

Thanks to all who posted here offering advice, whilst i except that our case was quite exceptional and perhaps unique it just goes to how that it is possible to overturn decisions even if it seemed by many replies here that such an attempted appeal / reconsideration was doomed to fail.

Maybe we were lucky, maybe we somehow "fluked it", however all i can say is that i submitted every possible piece of evidence i could to demonstrate our situation, i also addressed and highlighted various points from the MN1 guidance notes and their own caseworker guidance notes and why i felt she was an exceptional case and should be granted discretionary British citizenship, whilst every case is different i believe this shows that at least if you clearly state your case using the available points of law then it is possible for a happy ending.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:20 pm

ToonBarmy wrote:Been quite some time since my last posting here, things have changed a fair bit since my last post, ...

Maybe we were lucky, maybe we somehow "fluked it", however all i can say is that i submitted every possible piece of evidence i could to demonstrate our situation, i also addressed and highlighted various points from the MN1 guidance notes and their own caseworker guidance notes and why i felt she was an exceptional case and should be granted discretionary British citizenship, whilst every case is different i believe this shows that at least if you clearly state your case using the available points of law then it is possible for a happy ending.
Good news indeed. Not the sort of thing a little girl should have hanging over her.

Maybe the bizarre tricks from estranged father helped to seal the deal.
It was an exceptional case and bountiful discretion has evidently prevailed in the end.
It does confirm the registration at discretion guidance that states there may be exceptions to the general rule that in order to be registered a child needs to be free of all immigration time restrictions.
And child's future is clearly in UK - all the best for that future.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:49 am

Congratulations! Best interests of child prevails.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.