ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and English Language Requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WalSag
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation and English Language Requirements

Post by WalSag » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Thanks. Will see when I can fit one in. Maybe during the Christmas break, before flying somewhere sunny? Planning to get the Life in the UK test out of the way in August, I can sit it at a town near where I live (still a 2-hour trip each way) and at least I know the test centre because I have already sat a test there, and they were lovely. :D I feel like I've spent the last 4 years of my life taking MCQs!

gau
Newly Registered

Post by gau » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi,

We are in similar dilemma and hve our NCS appointment in a weeks time...Having read through the Home office PDf it looks fine, like already discussed here abt the '23rd Oct' date ...However anyone faced any difficulties going that route? Did the NCS say anything or worse any extra documents demanded by Home Office for the same??

Really appreciate the help found here!

TIA
Gau

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Guys, bit confused. so what's the requirement here ? I am applying for ILR degree from Indian university taught in english but not explicitly mentioned so on the degree certificate. However the same degree certificate was used for entry clearance and also the extensions until now. So for ILR do I need to get certificate from NARIC ?

Has anyone successful in ILR or naturalization without NARIC certificate recently ?

If I must get NARIC certificate, would degree certificate and all mark sheets be sufficient ? Do I also need to provide a letter from the university mentioning e degree was taught in english ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:27 pm

tier1-immigrant wrote:Guys, bit confused. so what's the requirement here ? I am applying for ILR degree from Indian university taught in english but not explicitly mentioned so on the degree certificate. However the same degree certificate was used for entry clearance and also the extensions until now. So for ILR do I need to get certificate from NARIC ?

Has anyone successful in ILR or naturalization without NARIC certificate recently ?

If I must get NARIC certificate, would degree certificate and all mark sheets be sufficient ? Do I also need to provide a letter from the university mentioning e degree was taught in english ?
Why are you asking ILR questions in a topic/thread about British Citizenship? You need NARIC ELA for citizenship. Please stick to the correct sub forum with your ILR questions and wait for members to respond to the topic you have already started there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nidalamir
Newly Registered

Post by nidalamir » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Please, I would like to know the following:

I have read that if you have a cerfiticate demonstrating your English language skills which was valid when you arrived to UK, you don't need to pass the IELTS test. In 2001-2002 I got the Cambridge English Advanced Certificate which as far as I know was valid at that time to apply for UK citizenship. Please, can you send me confirmation that this is true and let me know if I still need to pass the IELTS test?

Thanks for this,
Nidalamir

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:50 am

nidalamir wrote:Please, I would like to know the following:

I have read that if you have a cerfiticate demonstrating your English language skills which was valid when you arrived to UK, you don't need to pass the IELTS test. In 2001-2002 I got the Cambridge English Advanced Certificate which as far as I know was valid at that time to apply for UK citizenship. Please, can you send me confirmation that this is true and let me know if I still need to pass the IELTS test?

Thanks for this,
Nidalamir
Not correct.
Minimum B1 level test is required. Only the qualifications and test centres approved by the Home Office are acceptable, unless you have a degree taught in English or in the UK.
See link for list:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kariz01
Newly Registered

Post by kariz01 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:01 pm

vjvjvj wrote:Hi All,

I am as well in same boat bit confused on this English Language requirement, but what 'Daslimy1' has shared makes sense and we ideally need not submit anything extra, I am going to take a chance and submit nothing and just tick that 23rd Oct option and will see how it goes...

Cheers,
Vish
Hey Vish,

if you can confirm your application went through fine without providing any document will be great. I am applying on 10th march 2017 and looking for an answer.

thanks,
karan