ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future dated rent agreement for UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HBS
Newly Registered

Future dated rent agreement for UK Spouse Visa

Post by HBS » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Hello All,

I am in the process of applying for my wife's spouse visa from India. My plan is to apply for the visa on or around 6th January 2017. Then, she is planning to arrive here in the UK in the first week of March 2017 (hopefully she gets her visa in 4-6 weeks time as per the experiences of other people on the forum).

My question is that if I obtain a future dated (say 01.03.2017) confirmed, signed and approved (deposit and advance rent paid) rental agreement for her application in Jan 2017, will that be accepted? Will really appreciate if anyone share their similar experience and the outcome of the application, please.

I thank you for your time and help in advance.

Best wishes,
HBS

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Future dated rent agreement for UK Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:22 pm

It's a very good question. Although in home office checklist of documents they have mentioned clearly about accomodation that don't pay rent until visa approves but on other hand they ask about adequate accomodation. It's really confusing. See that guide here;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Future dated rent agreement for UK Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:25 pm

HBS wrote:Hello All,

I am in the process of applying for my wife's spouse visa from India. My plan is to apply for the visa on or around 6th January 2017. Then, she is planning to arrive here in the UK in the first week of March 2017 (hopefully she gets her visa in 4-6 weeks time as per the experiences of other people on the forum).

My question is that if I obtain a future dated (say 01.03.2017) confirmed, signed and approved (deposit and advance rent paid) rental agreement for her application in Jan 2017, will that be accepted? Will really appreciate if anyone share their similar experience and the outcome of the application, please.

I thank you for your time and help in advance.

Best wishes,
HBS
It should be fine. The accommodation needs to be available on your wife's arrival, not necessarily on the date of the application.

You should however, get written confirmation that your wife can live in the property if her name isn't on the tenancy agreement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.