ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Approved Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran1u

Naturalization Approved Letter

Post by imran1u » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Dear All ,

"Please note , this letter is not an invitation ceremony .You should not contact your local Authority until you received your invitation .If you have not received your invitation within next 3 weeks , you should email us at Citizenship@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk"

how does it work , i have to wait a letter from my Council or from Home Office . it is actually 3 weeks or it can go longer as well.

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization Approved Letter

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:16 pm

imran1u wrote:Dear All ,

"Please note , this letter is not an invitation ceremony .You should not contact your local Authority until you received your invitation .If you have not received your invitation within next 3 weeks , you should email us at Citizenship@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk"

how does it work , i have to wait a letter from my Council or from Home Office . it is actually 3 weeks or it can go longer as well.

Regards
Interesting - my letter states I should contact my council with 28 days .... which I did and they already had posted the invitation! Just call the registry office number quoted on the letter and see what they say.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:46 pm

i wonder if any one of the member received this kind of letter .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:43 pm

imran1u wrote:i wonder if any one of the member received this kind of letter .
Yes, many members.

As you don't say when you receive the approval letter, I would suggest just wait to see if you get the ceremony invitation letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
imran1u wrote:i wonder if any one of the member received this kind of letter .
Yes, many members.

As you don't say when you receive the approval letter, I would suggest just wait to see if you get the ceremony invitation letter.
I received my letter 2 days ago , but it's been dated more then week ago .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:18 pm

So be patient and just wait. Invitation letter likely on its way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Mine says exactly the same. So as guys mentioned above we just need to wait (up to 3 weeks)....

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 pm

arturpl wrote:Mine says exactly the same. So as guys mentioned above we just need to wait (up to 3 weeks)....
Hopefully it come soon .

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:29 am

Hi Imran,

I got an approval letter which says the same thing except it's says 12 weeks (not 3 weeks) however I am not located within UK.

It's almost a month since the approval letter was issued, was wondering also how long I needed to wait and whether this letter is coming from the home office or the local British Embassy.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:37 am

In the process of Naturalization, After Bio-metric invitation, We will receive three letter corresponding i.e.

1) Home Office approval Letter.
2) Home office Invitation Letter.
3) Council Invitation letter.

Do we require the above three letters to book ceremony ?

What are the docs are required to take while going for ceremony ?

Please

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:38 am

In the process of Naturalization, After Bio-metric invitation, We will receive three letter corresponding i.e.

1) Home Office approval Letter.
2) Home office Invitation Letter.
3) Council Invitation letter.

Do we require the above three letters to book ceremony ?

What are the docs are required to take while going for ceremony ?

Please

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 am

Take HO approval letter, Council invite and photo ID. It's really straightforward. Council will book it on your behalf when they receive notification from the HO (you can change the date or book a private ceremony).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:01 am

When ever i receive HomeOffice approval letter, And council able to book the ceremony. Can i attend the ceremony. Or i need to wait for Council invitation as well ?

Regards,
Suresh

Federal

Post by Federal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:22 am

I could be completely mistaken, but I seem to recall there was some anecdotal evidence from people in this forum pointing towards the fact that you can schedule your ceremony without an invitation letter.

When I did mine, all I was asked for was the Home Office reference number, so that the registrar could see if my certificate arrived at the local authority. If they have your certificate, you can schedule your ceremony right away.

I'd call the local council and find out!

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:05 pm

I think it differs from council to council. On my approval letter it said to call the council to arrange the ceremony. So I did straight away but never received any letter from the council. All they sent me was an invitation email. I even phoned them up this morning (ceremony this coming Thursday), and the lady said that the email will be ok. I don't even have to print it out, just show them on my phone

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:02 pm

[quote="imran1u"]Dear All ,

Do people actually receive the invitation letter with in 3 weeks or this is just GENERIC letter from Home Office which says 3 weeks .

Regards

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Same here. Got my approval last week.in my area ceremonies are held every 2 months and next one is on 7th of December followed by another one on 7th of February. Was hoping to get all sorted this year before Xmass so called Local Council today and polite lady took my name and mob nr and advised that next ceremony is next wed but if my certificate will arrive to them by then she will give me a call. Not sure if plain approval letter only will be enough or still would need to wait for proper invitation from HO regardless and miss early ceremony date. Ehhh...joy.. but always can book private ceremony for only £80 :roll:

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Imran1u have you received your invitation letter yet? Any update..

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 pm

arturpl wrote:Imran1u have you received your invitation letter yet? Any update..
Arturpl

Tomorrow it be two weeks from the day letter issued. No i still have not received the letter.

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 pm

arturpl wrote:Imran1u have you received your invitation letter yet? Any update..
Arturpl

Tomorrow it be two weeks from the day letter issued. No i still have not received the letter.

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Same here. A week gone since approval letter. Did you try to contact your council? Heard horror stories of people never receiving invitation letters....hope you get it soon mate. I also contacted my council and no certificate so far.. :?

imran1u

Post by imran1u » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:34 pm

arturpl wrote:Same here. A week gone since approval letter. Did you try to contact your council? Heard horror stories of people never receiving invitation letters....hope you get it soon mate. I also contacted my council and no certificate so far.. :?
hope so it come soon . no i did not contact my council , because letter clearly say "do not contact local authority"

has any member received there on time .

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:02 pm

I did contact them but asked when is next ceremony and how to book privately just wonder questions. But they said if they receive my certificate they will call to let me know. Some guys here were saying it is good to ask your council for an update just to have brief idea. But again this is a personal choice..I did and nothing wrong happened.

arturpl

Post by arturpl » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:13 am

forgotten to ask did you apply through NCS or yourself post application? As heard that people get combined letter approval/invitation when they apply through NCS and two separate letters when apply themselves. Again not sure for 100% if this is true or just all depends of case worker or local council requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:30 am

arturpl wrote:forgotten to ask did you apply through NCS or yourself post application? As heard that people get combined letter approval/invitation when they apply through NCS and two separate letters when apply themselves. Again not sure for 100% if this is true or just all depends of case worker or local council requirements.
No, there is no set pattern to this. It varies greatly, regardless of how a person submitted their application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)