ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More Info on Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arif
Newly Registered

More Info on Tier 1

Post by Arif » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:22 pm

Can anyone please update us regarding the proposed changes (Tier 1) and how it will differ from HSMP as it stands now? As far as I know, theres not much change coming except for the English Language requirement and Maintanance.

Aary

Post by Aary » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:06 am

PBS is on its way. see this

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... es/newfees

Now the pain is that if someone's application gets rejected he will lose HSMP fee + VISA fee (£600).

good way of making money.

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Indeed it is an excellent way of making money. However, I believe the genuine applicants of HSMP won't mind the 200 quid hike, as long as they get the approval!! The thing that bugs me most is the currency conversion. Coming from a third world (or should I say developing nation), the currency fluctuates so much that it is impossible to predict what will happen in 3-4 months time. Right now in earnings, I qualify for 35 points, but if our currency devalues, then i lose 5 precious points!!

Another thing is the letter from Uni stating that my degree was taught in English. Ok, I understand that its a must for degrees obtained from outside the UK. I have a degree FROM a top uni IN the Uk, and I am informed that my uni STILL needs to confirm that the degree was taught in English. How silly is that??

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:45 am

Arif wrote: Another thing is the letter from Uni stating that my degree was taught in English. Ok, I understand that its a must for degrees obtained from outside the UK. I have a degree FROM a top uni IN the Uk, and I am informed that my uni STILL needs to confirm that the degree was taught in English. How silly is that??
It's a pretty crazy scenario, and something that affected me as well.

You will need the additional letter from your university confirming that the degree was taught in English. Crazy, but it's apparently in the rules...