ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund of EEA visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ealca187
Newly Registered

Refund of EEA visa

Post by ealca187 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi,
Did anyone ever asked refunds of EEA family permit visa??? Could you share what happened to u please?
This is my problem and i hope who is reading it, gives me a point of view..
I am new at this visa request doing it online so i made by mistake i filled up the wrong visa, and paid the wrong visa EEA also i paid the surcharge health cost by mistake. I need to travel somewhere else and i'll still go to UK but with a visitor visa because i'll stay less time ..
i already did the refund process claim, about 2 1/2 weeks ago but i am not getting anyone mailing me about this, in the enquiries they don't tell me whether my claim is being processed or not..and i'm needing my money back : (

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Refund of EEA visa

Post by ohara » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:13 pm

What did you intend to apply for, and what did you actually apply for?

The cost difference between an EEA family permit and (for example) a spouse settlement visa is fairly substantial.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Also, there's no NHS surcharge payable on an EEA permit application. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Simple, call your payment card issuer to retrieve the money back by telling them what happen and the earlier the better.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Wise wrote:Simple, call your payment card issuer to retrieve the money back by telling them what happen and the earlier the better.
The card issuer has no legal right to recover the fees from the Home Office and neither will they attempt to do so :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ealca187
Newly Registered

Post by ealca187 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:15 am

HI everyone!

I only wanted to travel to be with my husband for some months, the thing is that after i called by phone the uk representatives they told me i needed an EEA family permit, so i did .. it costed me 1458 euros, and after i did the payment it needed a heath surcharge for another 690 euros which i paid... i thought how does it cost nearly 2 000 euros for a visit, i mean something must be wrong i said, because not even the American visa for 10 years costs that much, 3 days later, i had no longer only realized i made a mistake by paying so much for something i don't actually need, also my traveling plans changed, as i need to travel t0 uk for less time, that made me apply for the 6 month visitor visa... so i canceled the EEA and requested a refund, but it got all stucj there.. i have no longer information if it is being processed or not.. i feel really sad to see nobody over there cares

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 am

It sounds like you did indeed pay for a family settlement visa, which is £1195 + £600 NHS surcharge. Who did you speak to exactly? Was it an agent who charged a fee to do the application for you??

The EEA family permit is free :!:

Are you trying to join a family member in the UK? What is their nationality?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:36 am

ealca187 wrote:HI everyone!

I only wanted to travel to be with my husband for some months, the thing is that after i called by phone the uk representatives they told me i needed an EEA family permit, so i did .. it costed me 1458 euros, and after i did the payment it needed a heath surcharge for another 690 euros which i paid... i thought how does it cost nearly 2 000 euros for a visit, i mean something must be wrong i said, because not even the American visa for 10 years costs that much, 3 days later, i had no longer only realized i made a mistake by paying so much for something i don't actually need, also my traveling plans changed, as i need to travel t0 uk for less time, that made me apply for the 6 month visitor visa... so i canceled the EEA and requested a refund, but it got all stucj there.. i have no longer information if it is being processed or not.. i feel really sad to see nobody over there cares
There is no 'EEA visa' for UK.
A UK family permit (FP) is issued for free or for a nominal handling fee. There is no health surcharge for a UK family permit.

You have been scammed or else appear to have been severely misadvised by some sort of agent or dodgy website.
Suggest involve law enforcement.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:19 pm

You haven't seem to have given any immigration details about your husband and what he is doing in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.