ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Approved Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Naturalization Approved Letter

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 am

Federal wrote:I could be completely mistaken, but I seem to recall there was some anecdotal evidence from people in this forum pointing towards the fact that you can schedule your ceremony without an invitation letter.

When I did mine, all I was asked for was the Home Office reference number, so that the registrar could see if my certificate arrived at the local authority. If they have your certificate, you can schedule your ceremony right away.

I'd call the local council and find out!
Thanks for the update, one question bugging me long time. If you manage to book private ceremony next day, By the time you haven't received any approval then, Is it possible to attend in this situation ? For couple of councils you can check online, So if i check everyday i will come to know whether my application approved or not. So in this situation, with our invitation letter can we book ceremony and attend ?

regards,
suresh

Federal

Re: Naturalization Approved Letter

Post by Federal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:59 pm

I honestly wouldn't know. My recommendation was based on the assumption that all the local council needs to proceed with a ceremony is your certificate. So if they already have that, I can't imagine why anyone would want to wait any further.

I think if you call them and ask them if they have your certificate, they then will be able to tell you more!