ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2-ILRApplication Help (Maternity Doc Required)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Tier 2-ILRApplication Help (Maternity Doc Required)

Post by sanjumac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Dear Friends,

I have locked 12th Dec Date for the ILR.
After going through Set(O), I found out that i need more docs.

I am female professional, legally working in UK since 5 years.
I have taken 11 month Paid Maternity Leave through employer.

Can any suggest me, what documents I needed extra?

Many thanks.

Sanjana

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Urgent-Query regards 14days of New SET(O) Form

Post by sanjumac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Dear friends,

I have granted Tier2 Visa on 12/12/11 through 12/01/15.
Last year, I have BRP valid through 17/12/17.

Currently, I have booked ILR on 12th Dec 2016 (5 years exactly)

According to the new SET(O) form, am i eligible to apply or not.

Please guide. Many thanks.

Sanjeev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2-ILRApplication Help (Maternity Doc Required)

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:27 pm

No need for a new topic with each question on the same application. Keep your queries in a single topic/thread please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent-Query regards 14days of New SET(O) Form

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:28 pm

sanjumac wrote:Dear friends,

Currently, I have booked ILR on 12th Dec 2016 (5 years exactly) You can apply for ILR within 28 days before reaching 5 years residence.

According to the new SET(O) form, am i eligible to apply or not. What in particular are you referring to in the form??

Sanjeev
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Re: Urgent-Query regards 14days of New SET(O) Form

Post by sanjumac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
sanjumac wrote:Dear friends,

Currently, I have booked ILR on 12th Dec 2016 (5 years exactly) You can apply for ILR within 28 days before reaching 5 years residence.

According to the new SET(O) form, am i eligible to apply or not. What in particular are you referring to in the form??

Many thanks for your reply. The new form which published on 24th Nov 2016.

Sanjeev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Yes, I am aware of the new form but I am not going to read through the whole form to try understand what it is you are asking about.

You said 'according to the new form.......', what in particular is of concern on whether or not you are eligible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:00 pm

CR001 wrote:No need for a new topic with each question on the same application. Keep your queries in a single topic/thread please.
Dear Char,

Aplogies for the inconvience. Can anyone guide for the Docs Needed on Maternity Leave?

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:05 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, I am aware of the new form but I am not going to read through the whole form to try understand what it is you are asking about.

You said 'according to the new form.......', what in particular is of concern on whether or not you are eligible.

Page 22 on the new Form. It Says,

If you have had a gap between periods of valid leave, your leave will only be considered to be continuous if the late application was submitted:
• before 24 November 2016 and no more than 28 days after your previous leave expired
• on or after 24 November 2016 and no more that 14 days after your previous leave expired and we consider that there is a good reason beyond your control for the delay
• on or after 24 November 2016 and following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time or for which the Secretary of State considered there was a good reason why it could not be made in-time; and within 14 days of:
▪ the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
▪ the expiry of any leave which has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
▪ the expiry of the time limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or ap- peal (where applicable); or
▪ any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.
Where you have had one or more gaps of leave after 24 November 2016 and of less than 14 days during your qualifying period, you must provide evidence which demonstrates the reason for the delay(s). This includes situations where your application for settlement falls under one of the previous bullet points.

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:13 pm

I dont understand mainly...on or after 24 November 2016 and no more that 14 days after your previous leave expired and we consider that there is a good reason beyond your control for the delay

sanjumac wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes, I am aware of the new form but I am not going to read through the whole form to try understand what it is you are asking about.

Page 22 on the new Form. It Says,

If you have had a gap between periods of valid leave, your leave will only be considered to be continuous if the late application was submitted:
• before 24 November 2016 and no more than 28 days after your previous leave expired
• on or after 24 November 2016 and no more that 14 days after your previous leave expired and we consider that there is a good reason beyond your control for the delay
• on or after 24 November 2016 and following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time or for which the Secretary of State considered there was a good reason why it could not be made in-time; and within 14 days of:
▪ the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
▪ the expiry of any leave which has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
▪ the expiry of the time limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or ap- peal (where applicable); or
▪ any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.
Where you have had one or more gaps of leave after 24 November 2016 and of less than 14 days during your qualifying period, you must provide evidence which demonstrates the reason for the delay(s). This includes situations where your application for settlement falls under one of the previous bullet points.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:22 pm

It refers to gaps between applying for extension, i.e. when a migrant had no valid leave. It does not refer to ILR applications.

On your maternity question, suggest read the guidance notes as I am unable to answer the query.
Char (CR001 not Casa)