ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pernament residence student application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamborta

Pernament residence student application

Post by jamborta » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:58 am

Hi all,

We are in the process of applying to a permanent residence in the UK, just before my wife's 5-year EEA visa expires.

If I understand correctly I have to prove that I have been a 'qualified person' in the last 5 years. The problem is that I have been working in the last 4.5 years, but before I was a student. We had a comprehensive health insurance for around 6 months, but there is about 3 months that is not covered between finishing uni and my first job. Do you think that can be a problem? Is there a way around it?

Also the applications asks for 'Sufficient financial resources', I had a scholarship at the time, but the university would not provide any proof of that after almost 5 years. Not sure what can be done about that? (Our bank account at the time was probably probably heavily overdrawn, so not sure if I can sent that instead?)

Thanks reading this.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Pernament residence student application

Post by ohara » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:09 am

We are in the process of applying to a permanent residence in the UK, just before my wife's 5-year EEA visa expires.
There are no visas on the EEA route. Your wife probably has an EEA residence card, which is not a visa.
If I understand correctly I have to prove that I have been a 'qualified person' in the last 5 years.
You need to prove that you have been a qualified person for a continuous 5 year period. It doesn't matter whether it was the last 5 years or not.
The problem is that I have been working in the last 4.5 years, but before I was a student. We had a comprehensive health insurance for around 6 months, but there is about 3 months that is not covered between finishing uni and my first job. Do you think that can be a problem? Is there a way around it?
Should be OK. Were you looking for a job in that 3 month gap? A jobseeker falls under the category of worker for the purposes of EEA residence. To make things easier, could you just wait another 6 months and then apply on the basis of 5 years of full time work?
Also the applications asks for 'Sufficient financial resources', I had a scholarship at the time, but the university would not provide any proof of that after almost 5 years. Not sure what can be done about that? (Our bank account at the time was probably probably heavily overdrawn, so not sure if I can sent that instead?)
From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf -
Sufficient financial resources (students and self-sufficient persons)
At least one of the following:
 Itemised bank statements
 Building society pass book
 Evidence of receipt of a pension
 Evidence of income from rental property
 Wage slips from lawful employment
 Evidence of income from lawful self-employment
 (Student only) Evidence of a grant, scholarship or bursary
 (Student only) A declaration, signed and dated by the relevant EEA national, confirming that
they have/had sufficient financial resources to cover them and any family members living in the
UK (if applicable) not to become a burden on the UK’s social assistance system during their
period of stay in the UK as a student – this should be witnessed and counter-signed by a
Commissioner for Oaths, public notary, or magistrate.
If a relative, friend or other person has been financially supporting you/your sponsor, you must
enclose a signed and dated letter from that person confirming that they have been supporting
you/your sponsor and for how long. You must also submit evidence of that person’s finances as
above.

jamborta

EEA (FM) is about to expire

Post by jamborta » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi all,

My wife is on the EEA FM permit that is expiring in three weeks. Unfortunately I (as the sponsor) have lost my passport and unable to provide an ID for the EEA PR application potentially before the current permit expires. My questions would be

a, If we apply after the visa expires, would that be a problem? Would the new PR application has to be submitted or granted before the current permit expires?
b, Is there any other way for me to apply without an ID (don't have a national ID either)?

many thanks,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Posts merged
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Re: EEA (FM) is about to expire

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

jamborta wrote:Hi all,

My wife is on the EEA FM permit that is expiring in three weeks. Unfortunately I (as the sponsor) have lost my passport and unable to provide an ID for the EEA PR application potentially before the current permit expires. My questions would be

a, If we apply after the visa expires, would that be a problem? Would the new PR application has to be submitted or granted before the current permit expires?
b, Is there any other way for me to apply without an ID (don't have a national ID either)?

many thanks,
a) Its not a visa.
Its also optional - wife doesn't have to hold a RC.

She doesn't need to apply for confirmation of PR before RC expires unless she wishes to retain a proof of right to work.

b) You need to prove your id - how else would caseworker know you are EEA.
If submitted previously it may be accepted you are EEA but its troublesome.

Anyway, how can you survive without a passport. Get another one.

jamborta

Post by jamborta » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:02 pm

@noajthan thanks for the quick reply. I am applying for a new passport and then planning to apply for PR. If I understand correctly it does not matter when we apply for that.

By the way, after the RC expires what would happen at the border entering the UK?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:04 pm

jamborta wrote:@noajthan thanks for the quick reply. I am applying for a new passport and then planning to apply for PR. If I understand correctly it does not matter when we apply for that.

By the way, after the RC expires what would happen at the border entering the UK?
If travelling together have chat with friendly border guard, show ids and proof of relationship and enter UK.
Ofcourse whether you manage to get on plane in first place is $64.000 question.

jamborta

Evidence to have access to account

Post by jamborta » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 am

Hi all,

I am trying to fill in the PR application. I have been self-employed for the last three years. For proof of earnings one of the evidence I can provide is my business bank statements - given that I can 'provide evidence to show that I have access to the account'.

What sort of evidence can I provide to show that?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:14 am

Posts merged.

noajthan

Re: Evidence to have access to account

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:19 am

jamborta wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to fill in the PR application. I have been self-employed for the last three years. For proof of earnings one of the evidence I can provide is my business bank statements - given that I can 'provide evidence to show that I have access to the account'.

What sort of evidence can I provide to show that?

Thanks
Not a biggie.
is account in your name? Job done.

If its an account in some sort of business name then show that you own the account and have rights over it.
Some letter from bank perhaps.

From various EEA guidance docs...
Account holder
must be named on the account, or otherwise provide evidence to show that they have access to the account