ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change COS while Tier 2 visa extension application is in pro

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

selfserve

Change COS while Tier 2 visa extension application is in pro

Post by selfserve » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi All,

I came across a typical problem and I tried searching this forum before I post this.

My current Tier 2 visa is going to end on this Dec’2016 3rd week. Current employer is ready to extend my VISA and they said they will issues new COS for extension in a week. I have another offer in hand and where the COS from the new employer will be issued by end of Jan’2017.
1. Now can I apply for Tier 2 extension from current employer over the post and delay the process till I get new COS from new employer.
2. If I got new COS before the VISA approval, can I with draw the current visa application and apply for new VISA with new COS.
3. While delaying, the process can I withdraw application after giving BRP

Please, help me out in solving my problem. Only concern here is to save some money for VISA application.

Thanks in advance

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Change COS while Tier 2 visa extension application is in

Post by hassanh » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:33 pm

You can withdraw your application anytime before your application is decided and can apply new visa. But I am not sure if you can have 2 COS from two different employer at the same time.

I would never advise you to go this route as if you withdraw your application and submit new application with new employer which for any reason (most common refusal is RLMT not met by employer) gets refused then you will also loose the right to work with your current sponsor.

The best way to go forward (will cost extra money obviously) would be to extend the visa with your current employer and once you have the visa approved, then submit your new application to be on safer side.

Has the new employer completer proper RLMT?

Thanks,
Hassan

selfserve

Post by selfserve » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for the reply..!!

New employer did proper RLMT. They have there own solicitors team to look into immigration matters, so hopefully all good.

But anyway as suggested by you, even though it costs me a little, I will take proper route.

Thanks and regards..!!

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:24 pm

All the best.

Regards,
Hassan

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:49 am

selfserve wrote:Hi Hassan,

Thanks for the reply..!!

New employer did proper RLMT. They have there own solicitors team to look into immigration matters, so hopefully all good.

But anyway as suggested by you, even though it costs me a little, I will take proper route.

Thanks and regards..!!
You are not sure a RLMT is proper until the UKVI assess it. Things can easily go wrong with RLMT. So the best advice have been given to you although it will cost you money but you are guaranteed your current job is secured if anything goes wrong with the new employer.

So extend your visa with the current employer and the submit another application with the new employer after your successfully extended your visa with the current employer.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.