ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is UKM the correct form to use?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

APoul
Newly Registered

Is UKM the correct form to use?

Post by APoul » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around the forum but just wanted to clarify that UKM is the correct form for my case.

I am a Danish national born in 1990 (in Denmark) to a British mother who was born in UK in 1960. 2 years ago the Danish laws were changed so it now allows dual citizenship. I would therefore like to apply for British citizenship. Is the UKM form the correct way to proceed?

Many thanks for your help and look forward to sharing the "journey" with you.

Br
Alexander

a_powers
United States of America

Re: Is UKM the correct form to use?

Post by a_powers » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Since you are born after 1983 you are already a citizen by descent. Go straight for the passport, no UKM needed.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Is UKM the correct form to use?

Post by ohara » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:45 am

APoul wrote:Many thanks for your help and look forward to sharing the "journey" with you.
Sounds like your journey is already over - you are a British citizen by descent.