ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Credit card or Postal Order

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunhsmp
Newly Registered

URGENT: Credit card or Postal Order

Post by arunhsmp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:02 pm

Guys,

My visa is running out on Thursday and i am applying my FLR on Monday by Next day delivery. What would be the safest option for me would it be Credit card or UK Postal Order?

Most guys have told me that UK Postal Order is the best option but there is 8% fee to pay. What about Credit Cards or Maestro card please comments guys?

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi Arun,
Even credit card ot debit card is quite fast. The money gets deducted as soon as the form reaches the HO. I understand if you give your credit card details, you can actually call your bank and check whether payment has been deducted.
But can I ask, how did you realise so late about your visa running out.

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT: Credit card or Postal Order

Post by hari15 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:57 pm

arunhsmp wrote:Guys,

My visa is running out on Thursday and i am applying my FLR on Monday by Next day delivery. What would be the safest option for me would it be Credit card or UK Postal Order?

Most guys have told me that UK Postal Order is the best option but there is 8% fee to pay. What about Credit Cards or Maestro card please comments guys?
Postal Order would be cleared immedietly

Credit & Debit cards will take only 1 day. Not much different from postal order.

Only Cheque is not advisable as it will delay the application process atleast by a week

There is one more advantage of using credit / debit card over postal order. By using debit / credit card statement you can make sure that your payment has been recieved by home office.

If you pay by postal order you have no way to get confirmation on your payment until you recieve the acknowledgement letter from home office

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Credit & Debit cards will take only 1 day.
I don't think that is right. There is instant confirmation that the card has been accepted. Just think of what happens when you use a card in Asda, Sainburys, Tesco or similar ...... it would be rather inconvenient if the shop told you to wait until the next day before you could take your shopping away!

The important thing, arunhsmp, is to use Special Delivery when you post the application. And keep the receipt stamped by the Post Office, at least until you passport with new visa, arrives back.
John