ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How early can i apply for entrepreur extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gt23

How early can i apply for entrepreur extension

Post by gt23 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi

How early can i apply for my entrepreneur extension from the day my visa gets expired? For example if my visa i expiring on 15 feb2016, whats the earliest date i can apply?

Also, what is the average processing time for extension decision lately?

Thanks
Mani

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How early can i apply for entrepreur extension

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:43 pm

You can apply as early as you want, as long as you are eligible. The average processing time is officially 8 weeks or more, depending on complexity of your case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gt23

Post by gt23 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks zimba

When you say "as long as eligible" what do you mean by that.

If my visa is expiring 15 feb 2017, how early can i be eligible to apply for extension?

Does the new immigration rule of 14 days apply in this category? I mean to say can i only apply 14 days before expiry and not earlier than that. I want to apply in december 2016 can i apply now?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:12 am

There is NO rule that says how early you have to apply. However if you get your extension quickly, you might end up short of 5 years for ILR.
Does the new immigration rule of 14 days apply in this category? I mean to say can i only apply 14 days before expiry and not earlier than that. I want to apply in december 2016 can i apply now?
There is NO rule that requires you to apply 14 days before the expiry of your visa. Now you are mixing things up. :?
14 rules is relevant only if your visa expires (or section 3C ends) and then you must apply for a new/fresh application within 14 days or else it will be refused automatically.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice