ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name on cohabitation documentation important question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Name on cohabitation documentation important question

Post by hurrimark » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 am

Hi there,

Me and my wife in the future will be applying after the 2.5 year point for an extension to the spousal visa.
My wife is from a country where they use family (surname) first followed by 1st and 2nd name and this is also the way it is in all of their documentation from their home country e.g. passport.

In terms of my wifes names on our bills/letters, does it need to show her own name or Mr and Mrs with my surname? My wife hasn't officially adopted my surname as this is not done where she is from, as they keep their own family name officially.

To conclude, do the bills need to show my name & my wifes or do they need to show Mr and Mrs with my surname only, does it matter which? And if they need to show my wifes proper name, should it be listed as it appears on her documentation e.g passport with surname first, or as we do it here, with first name followed by her last name?

most appreciated for answering my queries.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name on cohabitation documentation important question

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 am

how my name & my wifes
This should be fine if it matches her passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:19 am

CR001 wrote:
how my name & my wifes
This should be fine if it matches her passport.
You means my wifes individual name as it appears on her passport, rather than Mr and Mrs (my surname)?

kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:23 am

She doesn't go by your surname does she and none of her official documentation has your surname.

Your name and her name should be fine, i.e John Smith & Jane Doe.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:26 am

CR001 wrote:She doesn't go by your surname does she and none of her official documentation has your surname.

Your name and her name should be fine, i.e John Smith & Jane Doe.
She doesn't go by my surname officially as her official documentation is still in her name.

thanks.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 am

Do energy bills, internet bill e.t.c all need to be bills sent out by the company in the post, or can they be printed statements from the internet? The statements online are the same as would be sent out, just printed rather than received via mail.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:33 am

Post I think. I used some online ones for my FLR(M) and Set(M) and HO didn't take them as not 'original'.

p.s. I believe that we all know what online is and that they are the 'same' as posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:33 am

Post I think. I used some online ones for my FLR(M) and Set(M) and HO didn't take them as not 'original'.

p.s. I believe that we all know what online is and that they are the 'same' as posted. :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)