ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry1376
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General dependant

Post by harry1376 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 pm

I have a similar situation. I am working in UK on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff visa since past 3 years. My husband has also been with me as ICT dpendant. We have got our visa extended last month for another 2 years. But we are planning to apply for Tier2 general visa for my husband. To do this, does my husband have to serve any cooling off period before he starts in the new visa?
Also my husband has had a Tier 2 general visa switch rejection 2 years back as the company who sponsored him did the RLMT for a pre-selected role. Does the visa rejection have any affect on his new application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General dependant

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:37 pm

harry1376 wrote:I have a similar situation. I am working in UK on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff visa since past 3 years. My husband has also been with me as ICT dpendant. We have got our visa extended last month for another 2 years. But we are planning to apply for Tier2 general visa for my husband. To do this, does my husband have to serve any cooling off period before he starts in the new visa? No cooling off period for PBS dependent to Tier G application. He has to apply from home country and the full and proper RLMT process must be completed again.

Also my husband has had a Tier 2 general visa switch rejection 2 years back as the company who sponsored him did the RLMT for a pre-selected role. Does the visa rejection have any affect on his new application? No, it should not but his application will likely be scrutinised a bit more closely and RLMT checked thoroughly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.