ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jpuk78
Newly Registered

EEA PR Date

Post by Jpuk78 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi.

A quick one. I applied for EEA PR in August this year.
If approved and issued, what date will show as issue date.

Date of application? Date of issue?

Reason why I'm asking is that I need to hold it 12 month before applying for citizen ship

Thanks.

J XX

LilyLalilu

Re: EEA PR Date

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:36 pm

The date of issue will be on the card and reflects the date the card was printed.
But I guess what you're after is the date you automatically acquired PR. This date depends on the evidence you provided with your PR application. Submit a Fast-track SAR or make an NCS appointment to check the acquired PR date they have recorded for you.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Jpuk78
Newly Registered

Here we go...

Post by Jpuk78 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Today after 4 months I received good news. My EEA PR has been approved. Just wanted to share :-)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Jpuk78 wrote:Hi.

Reason why I'm asking is that I need to hold it 12 month before applying for citizen ship

Thanks.

J XX
It is necessary for an EEA national to hold PR status for 12 months in connection with a section 6(1) BNA application to naturalise.
This is not the same as holding DCPR (PR card) for 12 months.
The date of acquisition of PR is the key factor not the date of application for card nor the date of card issue.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kruk

Post by Kruk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:13 pm

So is this mean that if I have been in UK for 10 years (with DCPR issued in 2016) I reached the PR status in 2012?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Kruk wrote:So is this mean that if I have been in UK for 10 years (with DCPR issued in 2016) I reached the PR status in 2012?
A little off topic but yes. 2011/12 assuming qualified person, no prolonged absences etc etc.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:10 pm

I just got a SAR back today for my actual PR date and it appears the extract is incomplete, as the date is not there. Seems suspicious my DCPR application has only a page and a half of case notes compared to 6/4 for much shorter apps in the past.

Very annoying but I'll ask for another one.