ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry to UK - minimum time remaining on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NZ_engr
Newly Registered

Re-entry to UK - minimum time remaining on HSMP

Post by NZ_engr » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi
I am wondering if there is a minimum amount of time that needs to be remaining on an HSMP visa to be allowed back into the country by immigration control.
For example is there a rule with HSMP visas like there is with one's passport where one needs to have at least 6 months left on one's passport in order to travel?
So if you turned up with 2 days left on your HSMP visa (the initial 1 yr one not the 3 yr extension) and no outward ticket, would there be a risk they would turn you away?
Cheers
nz_engr

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Re-entry to UK - minimum time remaining on HSMP

Post by Chess » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:44 pm

NZ_engr wrote: So if you turned up with 2 days left on your HSMP visa (the initial 1 yr one not the 3 yr extension) and no outward ticket, would there be a risk they would turn you away?
Cheers
nz_engr
They would not turn you away but you will be asked several Q's to check your motives...

..On the other hand you would struggle to get renewal if HO do not recieve your ppt for renewal before the existing Visa expires (as you would have only 2 days visa validity).

I cant readily guess what your motives are but you would be pushing the limits :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

Square

Post by Square » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:42 pm

NZ_Engr,

Chess is spot-on on that.

NZ_engr
Newly Registered

Post by NZ_engr » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:04 am

Hi
Just to clarify - I'm not up to any dodgy! It's just that my initial 1 yr will run out in Jan 2006 and I am wanting to travel home over the Xmas period to New Zealand. Hence I do not want to send in my passport to apply for the 3 yr extension the standard 2 months before it expires as due to the long processing times at the moment I would not have my passport back to travel.
Cheers
nz_engr

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:29 pm

I think it is better to send your passport for FLR in Nov. 2005 and then fax an urgent treatment form with a copy of your plane ticket to NZ.