ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI for EEA (PR) Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GE_Eva
Newly Registered

CSI for EEA (PR) Application

Post by GE_Eva » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi,

I am a German national in the process of applying for an EEA (PR) as a first step to becoming a British citizen.

I moved to the UK in 2010 as a student and, like many others, was caught out by the requirement for Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. I read many posts on this forum on what counts as CSI which has been really helpful but still have a few remaining questions.

I have a certificate saying that I was comprehensively insured in Germany during my time as a student in the UK (2010 - 2013). This insurance did not cover me in the UK but I am wondering whether I can claim CSI on the basis that there is a reciprocal agreement between the UK and Germany (I read about someone from Romania doing this). If this is the case do I need to submit a letter with my application explaining the situation and if yes, what would you recommend it saying?

I have tried to do some research around reciprocal agreements but it is quite hard to find any concrete information so I would really appreciate your help on this. Maybe someone in a similar situation has successfully submitted an application?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Eva

noajthan

Re: CSI for EEA (PR) Application

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:37 am

Welcome.

if insurance didn't extend to UK you can't use that.

Did you have a UK RC issued to you as a student during/before 2011?
Or any potential Union citizen sponsor (parent?) who was a qualified person in UK at same time?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

GE_Eva
Newly Registered

Post by GE_Eva » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 am

No and No unfortunately :cry:

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 am

Failing that, are you exercising treaty rights in some other category now (such as worker) :?:

You still may have time to acquire PR, even before Brexit.

GE_Eva
Newly Registered

Post by GE_Eva » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 am

Yes I do. I have been working full time since Sep 2013 but I will be moving abroad soon with work (for approx. 2 years) meaning that I would have to start from scratch again once I return (if I will even be able to return).

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 am

Hmm, well I guess it's a tough choice for you to make :oops:

GE_Eva
Newly Registered

Post by GE_Eva » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks for your replies so far. I have just done a little bit more research (slow day in the office) and came across the S1 (or E109) form. Do you think I could use this as I was insured through my Mum who was working in Germany?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Here's a crash course on this vital matter:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

PlainJain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PlainJain » Sun May 27, 2018 1:38 pm

GE_Eva wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:22 pm
Thanks for your replies so far. I have just done a little bit more research (slow day in the office) and came across the S1 (or E109) form. Do you think I could use this as I was insured through my Mum who was working in Germany?
Hi GE_Eva,
did anything materialise for you? We are in a similar situation and are trying to dredge up the reciprocal clause but are finding it difficult .. is there an authority you contacted in Germany as a first port of call?
Thanks