ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job in Europe

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajeshc19
Newly Registered

Job in Europe

Post by rajeshc19 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I am from india.
I am searching a job in Europe for last one year in IT filed.
One consultant suggested to a learn European language to get a job.
does it work?

Any suggestions

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Job in Europe

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:09 pm

rajeshc19 wrote:Hi all,

I am from india.
does it work?

Any suggestions

Thanks
Fluency and communications and other softskills can only be assets.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 am

rajeshc19 wrote:One consultant suggested to a learn European language to get a job.
does it work?
noajthan wrote:Fluency and communications and other softskills can only be assets.
Alors, mais oui!!! Ja...

Moving to the UK took me about two years of planning in my country of origin before I even got the visa. There is a lot of planning and paperwork involved. So, first, do your research as to which country you wish to emigrate to and then research the requirements for getting a work visa there and take it from there.

Here is a post I did earlier that may be of some help. Also some very good advice from ALKB in the thread just before yoru own. Worth reading that thread to get an understanding of how Europeans work.

Also remember that resumes/CV styles differ not only between Europe and the rest of the world, but also between European countries. So, research how to write resumes for each country that you are looking at.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:34 am

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:08 pm

rajeshc19 wrote:Hi all,

I am from india.
does it work?

Any suggestions

Thanks
Ironically the vast majority of IT work in Europe is offshored. To India........
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rajeshc19
Newly Registered

Job seeker visa in Europe

Post by rajeshc19 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:27 am

Hi All,

I am at 39 ,having 6 years experience in IT industry. Searching oversees job for many years. But No Luck.
I heard about Job seeker visa in Europe countries.
Anyone share which country provide job seeker visa in Europe and its eligibility

Thanks,
Raj

rajeshc19
Newly Registered

Learning Europe Language

Post by rajeshc19 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:33 am

Hi All,

I am in india.I am seeking a Job in Europe. I can speak English(3 of 5 )
Plan to learn any Europe Language to get a job.
Anyone please suggest which language east to learn and more job offer in the Europe market.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Job seeker visa in Europe

Post by ALKB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:49 am

rajeshc19 wrote:Hi All,

I am at 39 ,having 6 years experience in IT industry. Searching oversees job for many years. But No Luck.
Anyone share which country provide job seeker visa in Europe and its eligibility

Thanks,
Raj
Germany has a jobseeker visa that allows qualified candidates to job search for up to 6 months:

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Einre ... _node.html

http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/4 ... seeker.pdf

You will have to show a degree that is accepted as equivalent to a German degree and adequate finances to bear the cost of living during your job search.

Please note that the jobseeker visa does not allow employment, it still has ti be converted to a residence permit subject to sponsorship by a company and approval of teh alien department.

German language skills will be a great asset in your search both for finding employment and general survival while in Germany.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 am

Pretty much all of the IT sector in Helsinki is English speaking. But Finnish is a difficult language to learn if you want to properly integrate into the society.

Are career prospects really so bad in India? A lot of IT support in the UK is contracted out to there :?

rajeshc19
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshc19 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:55 am

ohara wrote:Pretty much all of the IT sector in Helsinki is English speaking. But Finnish is a difficult language to learn if you want to properly integrate into the society.

Are career prospects really so bad in India? A lot of IT support in the UK is contracted out to there :?

Thanks for your response........

IT industry is good in India. but earning and cost of living.....is not good

I am earning 550 Pound per month. I can manage my family ( 5 Members ) within this salary ( Rent and other day today expenses ).But Not able to save money and
not possible to buy a home (1000 Square Feet ).If a take loan, have to pay atleast 20 years. Interest Amount more than Loan.It is a Terrible one.
If I lost my job within load period, i'll suffocate.....

I Plan to start search a job on April only and learn one of the below languages.

1,Could you please suggest about language German ,French and Swedish and learning difficulties
and Job market of those language .
2,Which month good to start. Is there any freeze period ?

Thanks

rajeshc19
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshc19 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:22 am

ALKB wrote:
rajeshc19 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks,
Raj
Germany has a jobseeker visa that allows qualified candidates to job search for up to 6 months:

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Einre ... _node.html

http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/4 ... seeker.pdf

You will have to show a degree that is accepted as equivalent to a German degree and adequate finances to bear the cost of living during your job search.

Please note that the jobseeker visa does not allow employment, it still has ti be converted to a residence permit subject to sponsorship by a company and approval of teh alien department.

German language skills will be a great asset in your search both for finding employment and general survival while in Germany.

Thanks for your response.

Please note that the jobseeker visa does not allow employment
1,Is the job seeker visa allow to work part time or seasonal jobs in Germany?
2,Could you please share cost of living Per month for Rent and Food Expenses for a Day.
3,What are the difficulties of German language?
4,Is there any site for CV preparation and Job sites.
5,Which month is good to start or any Freeze period in Germany companies.

6,Checked in Internet. Germany and Austria provide job seeker visa.
Is there any Europe countries provide Job seeker visa?
7,Can I travel other Europe countries with German Job seeker visa?
8,What about French job market and Swedish Job Market and its visa process

Thanks,

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:48 am

What is your profession? Are you a software developer?

Swedish has some degree of mutual intelligibility with Danish and Norwegian, so a fluent speaker may be able to communicate to a degree with native speakers of any of the three. Learn three languages for the price of one!

Software development is a pretty international business and most coding is obviously done in English.

https://softwareengineering.stackexchan ... in-english

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:31 am

rajeshc19 wrote: I am earning 550 Pound per month. I can manage my family ( 5 Members ) within this salary ( Rent and other day today expenses ).But Not able to save money and
not possible to buy a home (1000 Square Feet ).If a take loan, have to pay atleast 20 years. Interest Amount more than Loan.It is a Terrible one.
If I lost my job within load period, i'll suffocate.....

I Plan to start search a job on April only and learn one of the below languages.

1,Could you please suggest about language German ,French and Swedish and learning difficulties
and Job market of those language .
2,Which month good to start. Is there any freeze period ?

Thanks
When you say family of 5, is that wife and 3 children? Parents?

In my experience, expats from the subcontinent are usually shocked by the level of taxation/amount of social contributions they have to pay and how high the cost of living is. Saving money will not be easy. You might be better off looking into the Gulf states.

By the way, most Europeans will have to take on a mortgage to buy a home (if they ever can) and will pay to the bank for 20, 25 or 30 years, often ending up paying double the purchasing price.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:44 am

rajeshc19 wrote: Thanks for your response.

Please note that the jobseeker visa does not allow employment
1,Is the job seeker visa allow to work part time or seasonal jobs in Germany?
2,Could you please share cost of living Per month for Rent and Food Expenses for a Day.
3,What are the difficulties of German language?
4,Is there any site for CV preparation and Job sites.
5,Which month is good to start or any Freeze period in Germany companies.

6,Checked in Internet. Germany and Austria provide job seeker visa.
Is there any Europe countries provide Job seeker visa?
7,Can I travel other Europe countries with German Job seeker visa?
8,What about French job market and Swedish Job Market and its visa process

Thanks,
1. No. No employment means no employment.

2. Not sure how much you have to show this year but I think it's around €720/month. This is an absolute minimum. Actual cost may be a lot higher depending on region and lifestyle.

3. Learning a new language later in life is always difficult. Particular difficulties are subjective.

4. http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/docum ... ulum-vitae

Google is your friend.

5. What's a freeze period??

6. Don't know. Somebody said Netherlands but I haven't checked myself.