ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with applying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Help with applying

Post by 01484 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:45 pm

I am wanting to know what the requirements are for a UK spouse visa.
I know what the requirements are and have been on the uk.gov website but want some further information.

My sister applied for her spouse to come over using a solicitor and in the covering letter he stated a few things which are a little confusing.
It stated a VAF4 A form duly completed
statutory deceleration of sponsor

I am wanting to know what are these forms and if they are necessary to fill in? as from my understanding they are only required if you are applying from outside the UK and applying from the UK is all online. Am i correct?

I understand it is not necessary for a solicitor to do all this, if i do the process myself (as i am new this and want to save on solicitor fees).
Is it just the online application form visa4uk website that i fill in and then send the supporting documents?
If i am applying from the UK are there any forms that require my spouses signatures?
what order so i put the paper work in?
what is the address where i send it to in sheffield?
Do i print the application form off and send that with the paperwork?

Thank you for all your help and time, i know there is a lot of questions being ask i just want to make sure everything is included as i dont want it being rejected.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with applying

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:33 pm

VAF4A is correct.

The £600 immigration health surcharge also has to be paid if applying abroad (£500 if applying within the UK)

Where is the spouse applying from? Are you the applicant or the British/ILR spouse?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:44 pm

I applied for my wife recently. She is in Pakistan. I am in UK and I filled online form VAF4A. When you register at the website and start an application, there are two options: Apply for myself and apply for someone else. You should select apply for someone else and fill out the VAF4A form online. You will also need to download and manually fill VAF4A Appendix 2. There are some other appendices so I don't know if they are valid in your case. I don't think you need your wife's signature if you select 'Apply for someone else' option, she will need to provide bio metrics, which you can schedule once you have filled online form and made a payment.

Once you have submitted your application and paid for visa and health surcharge, you can print the online form in pdf and email it to your wife, you will also need to email her the payment confirmation and appointment confirmation emails if they are emailed to you and not to her. She can take them with her at her bio metrics appointment.

You will need to send your docs to sheffield:

UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

The list of the documents are explained in the following post, please note this procedure is for applications from Pakistan but it should provide you a general idea, if your wife is not in Pakistan.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 93554.html

Please note this is for someone applying their first entry clearance spouse visa and they are not in UK.

I'll be travelling so I won't be able to reply anytime soon.
Good luck!!

Post by 01484 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:59 am

thanks for everyone that replied.
I am applying from the UK for my wife who is in pakistan.
One last question is it is just the appendix 2 that i have to print off and not the VAF4A form? do i fill the VAF4A form online and print and manually fill in the appendix 2?
And where it says spouse signature i just leave it blank as i am applying on behalf of someone else?

Thank you once again for all your help.

Post by 01484 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Can i fill in the VAF4A form and the appendix 2 on computer and then print it out that way?
Or do i print them out and fill them in by hand?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Either way, it makes no difference, then just print and applicant must sign.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post by 01484 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:44 am

Thanks for your reply.
Iv printed it off and will fill it in. How does she sign it? I mean she is based over in pakistan so how do i get her signature?
Does she have to sign it i mean if im applying for her on her behalf so how do i go about doing that.
I remember for my sisters case the solicitor did say something about applicants signature but then said not to worry he will sort it out himself so not sure what he did.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 am

A solicitor or immigration advisor can sign on behalf of their client as they are allowed to as the representative.

You as the sponsor cannot. Send her the forms to sign them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)