ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS query-Plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Garry
Newly Registered

IELTS query-Plz help

Post by Garry » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:50 am

Hi Everyone,

I am going to apply HSMP-Tier 1 in march. My IELTS scores are:
Overall Band: 8
And 7 or above in each category

My IELTS is valid upto 29 April 2008(2 yrs validity ends on this day). Now when i apply in March, my IELTS would be valid and should be considered. But i dont plan to apply EC until July. Now my IELTS would have expired by the time i apply for EC but i still have to send the proof of IELTS for EC i think.

So my question is, would my IELTS be still considered when i apply EC, as it was valid when i applied for the HSMP approval or i would have to retake the IELTS.

Appreciate your help with this.

Cheers
Garry

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:28 am

You need IELTS for HSMP approval not for EC. You may need to show your IELTS report to EC Officer but it would have no impact even if it is expired...
Thinking low is crime....

Garry
Newly Registered

Post by Garry » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks a lot T_mahmood. I have been really worried that I might need to take the IELTS test again. Appreciate your help.