ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aabbcc112233
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Refusal

Post by aabbcc112233 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi There,

I received the refusal letter and I was surprised to read the reason for refusal.
ECO reason for refusal as below

1.Your sponsor has submitted bank statements covering the previous 6 months prior to the application date, however, this is all.

2.Your sponsor has not provided an employment letter(Which I did and received back in returned documents)

3.Your sponsor has not submitted any payslips to demonstrate how much he earns and whether he can meet the financial requirements of the immigration rules.(Again I did supplied wage slips and received back in returned documents)

I there fore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the immigration rules.

You are entitle to appeal against the decision under section 82(1) of the nationality,Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you wish to appeal you must complete the attached IAFT-6 Notice of appeal form.

Can someone advise if only option I got now to appeal/fresh application? As per my understanding appeal process can take almost a year. I did try raising the issue via call but received standard response that you should appeal against the decision.

If I go for fresh application there is no guarantee that they make similar mistake again.
I was surprised that ECO did not contact sponsor/applicant or employer regarding wage slips and employment letter before making a decision. I am very disappointed as I paid for priority service and all the fee have gone to waste. I did send an index document which stated what and how many each documents I have supplied and wage slips and employment letter was also mentioned in that list.

Has anyone come across similar mistake by Home office? It will be helpful if someone can share if there is any other way to get this resolved.

If appeal is the only option can someone provide some guidance on how to apply online from within the UK or does it have to be from outside UK.

Any help guidance will be highly appreciated.

Apologies about format of the post as this is my first.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Refusal

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:35 pm

its really a great example of negligence made by case worker. I am not sure about asking how to ask for immediate reconsideration of decision for which you must be entitled for.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you were refused aabbcc112233...

What country did you apply from if you don't mind me asking?

Albert Einstein

aabbcc112233
Newly Registered

Post by aabbcc112233 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Applied from Pakistan

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:13 pm

You can complain about dishonesty and unprofessional conduct of entry clearance officer

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

second option is asking for admin review which is bit quicker than appeals and make sure to explain it well

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Do not ascribe to malice that which may be explained by incompetence (probably by pre-ECO admin/clerical operatives).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

aabbcc112233
Newly Registered

Post by aabbcc112233 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:24 pm

ILR1980 wrote:You can complain about dishonesty and unprofessional conduct of entry clearance officer

second option is asking for admin review which is bit quicker than appeals and make sure to explain it well
Thanks for your valuable advice ILR1980.

Do you mean request second option via email address you mentioned above?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 pm

aabbcc112233 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:You can complain about dishonesty and unprofessional conduct of entry clearance officer

No this email is for complain about incompetence and unprofessional conduct of entry clearance officer and you explain it all and tell them how you/family will suffered emotionally and financially because of this unprofessional behaviour of entry clearance officers.. send them copy of employer letter and tell them look at date of letter when it was drafted by employer and also attach the copies of payslips. Fill the appeal form as well.You have more chances that home office will withdraw their decision before even going for hearing or appeal stages

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:53 pm

In the circumstances of your case, i think it is best to appeal.

The decision is so outrageous and so baseless, to the extent that paying another fees in this circumstances, will not be wise.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

aabbcc112233
Newly Registered

Post by aabbcc112233 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:31 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
aabbcc112233 wrote:

No this email is for complain about incompetence and unprofessional conduct of entry clearance officer and you explain it all and tell them how you/family will suffered emotionally and financially because of this unprofessional behaviour of entry clearance officers.. send them copy of employer letter and tell them look at date of letter when it was drafted by employer and also attach the copies of payslips. Fill the appeal form as well.You have more chances that home office will withdraw their decision before even going for hearing or appeal stages
Thanks for the advice/help

Can you confirm below ?
1. Do I need to send all documents with appeal that I originally sent with visa application or just wage slips and employment letter(only these were the reasons mentioned in refusal letter)?
2. Can I just log an appeal online and send supporting documents via post or my wife need to apply herself from Pakistan via post?
3. Which appeal option is better oral hearing or just decided n documentary evidence provided( in terms of quicker decision)

Thanks

aabbcc112233
Newly Registered

Post by aabbcc112233 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 pm

Obie wrote:In the circumstances of your case, i think it is best to appeal.

The decision is so outrageous and so baseless, to the extent that paying another fees in this circumstances, will not be wise.
Hi Obie,

Thanks for your reply.

You are absolutely right to say that paying for another fees in these circumstances will not be wise but only the long appeal process is making me think about fresh application but then again what if they make another silly mistake on fresh application :(

Regards