ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lom
Newly Registered

Good character query

Post by Lom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:23 pm

I plan to apply for naturalisation within the next few weeks. I have 2 convictions and 1 caution. Both convictions occurred in 1995 for London Underground fare evasions and the caution in 2012 for offensive language.

What are the odds that my application will be rejected?

pentaya
India

Re: Good character query

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Lom wrote:I plan to apply for naturalisation within the next few weeks. I have 2 convictions and 1 caution. Both convictions occurred in 1995 for London Underground fare evasions and the caution in 2012 for offensive language.

2012 one might be a problem as it is most recent one. However, I strongly advice you to declare everything in the application form.

Lom
Newly Registered

Post by Lom » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 pm

pentaya wrote:
Lom wrote:I plan to apply for naturalisation within the next few weeks. I have 2 convictions and 1 caution. Both convictions occurred in 1995 for London Underground fare evasions and the caution in 2012 for offensive language.

2012 one might be a problem as it is most recent one. However, I strongly advice you to declare everything in the application form.
Thank you for responding. The thing is, if it's likely that my application will be rejected, then I think I shouldn't apply. It's not worth to risk £1236.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Lom wrote:
pentaya wrote:

Thank you for responding. The thing is, if it's likely that my application will be rejected, then I think I shouldn't apply. It's not worth to risk £1236.
I would recommend to take some strong legal advise from multiple solicitors and make a decision.

Lom
Newly Registered

Post by Lom » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:31 pm

pentaya wrote:I would recommend to take some strong legal advise from multiple solicitors and make a decision.
What about contacting the Home Office and asking them whether I satisfy the good character requirement?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Get a steer on such vital questions from HO guidance here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Lom
Newly Registered

Post by Lom » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 pm

noajthan wrote:Get a steer on such vital questions from HO guidance here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
The key part of the guidance is as follows:

There is no set number of non-custodial sentences or disposals that would lead to an application being refused.