ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and Payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afzaal1988
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and Payslips

Post by afzaal1988 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi, I was wondering if someone could clarify couple of things for me.
I have last 6 months payslips but i get paid more than contracted hours every month because i work over time so my payslips never show the same amount. (my contracted hours do meet the required £18600 without any over time).

Last month when i got married and visited Pakistan i had to take 1 additional week off from work because of sickness.
Now in my last payslip they didn't pay me for sickness(which they normally do).
but when i reminded them they said they will credit it to my account in next 5 days which they have done as well, but my payslip can not be changed.

I have heard from someone that they time the lowest payslip by 12 and see if it meets £18600. I m not sure how true that is?
Also i have letter from my employer that says i have been working for 7 years on permanent position and my hourly rate and contracted hours, plus my last 2 years p60 shows more than £18600.

I also got form from employer which says sick pay was not paid and it will be credited in 5 days.

Does anybody know if it's going to cause any issues?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa and Payslips

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 pm

If your wages fluctuate by working overtime even you have permanent position then better opt category A non-salaried where your last six months wages average will be taken like total of 6 months wages/6×12. I think if you opt salaried under category A then your employer has to give a lot of clarifications in your circumstances which can easily confuse the case worker childish brain.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:06 pm

The key thing is whether you are in salaried employment or non-salaried employment.

5.1.3. Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken. Salaried employment includes that paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.

5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
> Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.

>Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

afzaal1988
Newly Registered

Post by afzaal1988 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 pm

seagul wrote:If your wages fluctuate by working overtime even you have permanent position then better opt category A non-salaried where your last six months wages average will be taken like total of 6 months wages/6×12. I think if you opt salaried under category A then your employer has to give a lot of clarifications in your circumstances which can easily confuse the case worker childish brain.
I get paid hourly rate depending on how many hours i work so i m non-salaried.
On appendix 2 it only states
3.3 Income from salaried employment in uk.
No where does it mention non-salaried employment so how should i answer that.

I also get paid 4 weekly and not monthly so how they will divide total 6 months pay by 6 and times by 12.
i get paid 13 times and payslip are for either 24 weeks or 28weeks and not 26

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:38 am

afzaal1988 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if someone could clarify couple of things for me.
I have last 6 months payslips but i get paid more than contracted hours every month because i work over time so my payslips never show the same amount. (my contracted hours do meet the required £18600 without any over time).
you said in your first post that you have 6 months of payslips and wages vary every month due to overtime.
afzaal1988 wrote: I also get paid 4 weekly and not monthly so how they will divide total 6 months pay by 6 and times by 12.
i get paid 13 times and payslip are for either 24 weeks or 28weeks and not 26
now you are saying that you get paid 4 weekly but still anyhow you can calculate it very easily. Remember HO don't care as what is the per hour rate of wages rather they care only the gross wages amount but still the hourly rate of pay must be written in employer letter & of course be shown on payslips. Again in your situation the salaried option looks very difficult while non-salaried is very easy but since you are get paid 4 weekly then you should have to write a covering letter and have to yourself convert your weekly into monthly because case worker usually commit mistakes in such calculations. What you can do to make total of 26 weeks then divide by 6 multiply by 12 but you yourself calculate that in covering letter.
And the question in appendix2 about salaried wages can be replied in exactly same way by using non-salaried wages by using same formula as mentioned above, for example 26 weeks wages = 6 monhs/6*12=Annual gross wages.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

afzaal1988
Newly Registered

Post by afzaal1988 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:20 pm

seagul wrote:
you said in your first post that you have 6 months of payslips and wages vary every month due to overtime.
I said i have 6 months payslips but i didn't mean exactly 6 payslips.
seagul wrote:
now you are saying that you get paid 4 weekly but still anyhow you can calculate it very easily. Remember HO don't care as what is the per hour rate of wages rather they care only the gross wages amount but still the hourly rate of pay must be written in employer letter & of course be shown on payslips. Again in your situation the salaried option looks very difficult while non-salaried is very easy but since you are get paid 4 weekly then you should have to write a covering letter and have to yourself convert your weekly into monthly because case worker usually commit mistakes in such calculations. What you can do to make total of 26 weeks then divide by 6 multiply by 12 but you yourself calculate that in covering letter.
And the question in appendix2 about salaried wages can be replied in exactly same way by using non-salaried wages by using same formula as mentioned above, for example 26 weeks wages = 6 monhs/6*12=Annual gross wages.
I have calculated my last 6 payslips(4 weekly) covering about 5.5 months and they still are more than £10000 so even if they make a mistake and treat it as monthly than i still meet their requirement.

I only have 1 question on appendix 2 i don't have a section/question asking if i am salaried or not salaried. Do i need to get this information on cover letter or they will decide themselves after looking at letter from my employer? On letter it says £x.xx per hour.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Better to wait when you get payslips of 6 months/26 weeks even more then apply. And never expect that caseworker will calculate for you which they suppose to do but based on member experience on board they are very weak/lazy in doing so, so better you do that for them.
And according to my guess since there is no separate section for non-salaried on appendix 2 form so based on common sense that section need to fill out exactly the same manner as salaried by using the same formula;
OTHER CORRECT ME IF I WRITTEN WRONG ABOVE.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:18 pm

GROSS INCOME OF LAST 28 WEEKS / 28 = PER WEEK WAGE
PER WEEK WAGE x 26 WEEK = LAST 6 MONTHS GROSS INCOME

E.G.
£10,500 / 28 = £375 PER WEEK ON AVERAGE
£375 x 26 WEEKS = £9750

PROVIDE 28 WEEKS WAGE SLIPS AND EXPLAIN IN COVERING LETTER THAT PAID EVERY 4 WEEKS.

IN APPENDIX 2 READ NON-SALARY FOR WHERE IT SAYS SALARY AND PROVIDE ABOVE CALCULATION AND DETAILS IN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SECTION.