ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solicitor or No Solicitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Solicitor or No Solicitor

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:51 am

Dear All,

Is the availing the services of Solicitor to obtain HSMP really worth (GBP 1K)? Can't we really apply in person (by sending duly filled application along with support documents, in case person is not in UK). Can I take the risk of sending my original degree certificates along with application form?

I am just looking to apply HSMP through a Solicitor. Any suggestion?

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh.

baskey

Post by baskey » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:01 am

Hi,

It is matter of spending some time on this forum to arrange your application. Solicitator can only help with proper supportive documents. If you have time and knowledge about this scheme, i suggest you to apply personally otherwise seek for help. Also depends upon, how straight is ur claim!!

Regards,

Baskey

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:26 am

Hi Baskey.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have just started reading all the posting (newer and older) of this forum and started believing that Its not very trivial to apply HSMP by own. I am only worried about my original documents, which I would have to enclose along with HSMP application form.

I have a M Tech degree from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and have IT work experience of 4 years. I have also published an international technical article (paper), during M Tech programme.

I had earned 105 points.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Solicitor or No Solicitor

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:06 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Dear All,

Is the availing the services of Solicitor to obtain HSMP really worth (GBP 1K)? Can't we really apply in person (by sending duly filled application along with support documents, in case person is not in UK). Can I take the risk of sending my original degree certificates along with application form?

I am just looking to apply HSMP through a Solicitor. Any suggestion?

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh.
Personnaly i would say it is NOT worth paying £1000 or anything really. what you are actually doing is employing someone to post the application for you. the form in itself is quite clear as to what they require and in discussion forum like this one you will get morre information at only the cost of your time and internet connection. more importantly doing it thru a consultant will NOT make the process quicker infact it can even delay things,
Last edited by f2k on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:10 am

i beg to differ a little. i did go thru a solicitor for a fee of 700 pounds. the fee is based on a successful HSMP approval. i.e. if not approved, i pay nothing. if approved i pay them 700pounds. it's a signed contract.
for me, personally, it gives me that extra peace of mind. i gave them my docs, they created the application for me. i do not get enough time to go thru and prepare my own apps. and frankly, i am at a point where i do not mind speding extra money to do whatever makes application a little bit more successful.

i also heard thru a friend who got HSMP and has been in UK since 1.2yrs that if the applications r submitted via professionals, the HO guys know that it is in a specific format and all related documents are attached and have already being screened. if the solicitors lie, they loose their certification or accredetion (not sure what). so, i felt that wud give my application a bit more chance of getting approved. i also used them to minimize the potential of loosing my original docs.

so basically, if i had the luxury of time, i would do research and fill my own application, however, since i don't have that luxury and can afford to spend the money, i opted to go thru an professional who was referred by a close friend of mine.

hope this helps.

cheers

Katjusha
Newly Registered

Please advise

Post by Katjusha » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:50 pm

Could u please give the details of the firm u have used. I can not find any who does not charge the fees in advance. I just do not see much sence in paying them independently on the results of the application - what would motivate them to put make my application successful if they got the payment in full? :roll:

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:15 pm

Hi, Check your PM. I sent u the info.

Was not sure if i can post the link here. If anyone else wants the info, PM me or if the senior members, mods feel it's ok to post here, i will do so.

cheers

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:11 am

Hi Desiguy,

Could you please send me the link of the firm at rajesh9pl@sify.com. Whose servies you had taken for applying HSMP.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:57 pm

Done, check ur email

:)

Sher

Post by Sher » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:04 pm

My experience tells me that in writing an HSMP application,
Common Sense + Honesty + Attention to Detail > the services of a 'quick-fix' Solicitor.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: