ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gtht

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by gtht » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Processing times seem to be flying. NicNicNic had only 30 days between submitting biometrics and approval!

I wonder if they hired new staff.
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:44 pm

I've noticed. They might have hired additional staff due to higher volumes of applications, or maybe they're just working quicker to get more applications approved or refused before Christmas? Does anyone know (maybe someone who has been on the forum for a few years) whether processing times decrease before Christmas? Just guessing here..
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:32 pm

MrsT wrote:I've noticed. They might have hired additional staff due to higher volumes of applications, or maybe they're just working quicker to get more applications approved or refused before Christmas? Does anyone know (maybe someone who has been on the forum for a few years) whether processing times decrease before Christmas? Just guessing here..
Purely speculation .... perhaps the quality of applications and documentation has improved, or maybe / probably there was a big spike pre-referendum .... perhaps the second half of the year is slow anyway .... many of those who wish to apply are still stuck in the EEA PR process .....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Good to see it's getting faster for new applicants. I'm waiting for almost 16 months for a decision:(

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:13 am

Been waiting since 2nd October 2015 - nearly 14 months on a straightforward case - no idea what's going on!! Every time i phone , normal answer checks not completed!!

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:30 pm

MMM-MMM wrote:Been waiting since 2nd October 2015 - nearly 14 months on a straightforward case - no idea what's going on!! Every time i phone , normal answer checks not completed!!
There were a few waiting since April but they are not active on this forum anymore. Not sure if they have received the decision or not. The longest I've seen in this forum is 16 months wait. What number do you call to check the status?

Can anyone waiting more than that please provide an update? It's really hard to get sufficient if ion this topic as most people don't update when they receive the decision.

Melak

Post by Melak » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:08 am

MMM-MMM wrote:Been waiting since 2nd October 2015 - nearly 14 months on a straightforward case - no idea what's going on!! Every time i phone , normal answer checks not completed!!
MMM-MMM what's your application criteria? Did you have any delay for ILR application? More than one year is too long for no explanation. If you are refugee you may have argument under the 1951 convention to get quick approval I think. Have you had any immigration problems before?

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:38 pm

malik15 wrote:
There were a few waiting since April but they are not active on this forum anymore. Not sure if they have received the decision or not. The longest I've seen in this forum is 16 months wait. What number do you call to check the status?

Can anyone waiting more than that please provide an update? It's really hard to get sufficient if ion this topic as most people don't update when they receive the decision.
I usually call this number 0300 123 2253 - I really don't understand how can they make decisions within 2 months and for us it is over a year!! Not fair at all. Please keep me up to date. Thanks

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Melak wrote:
MMM-MMM what's your application criteria? Did you have any delay for ILR application? More than one year is too long for no explanation. If you are refugee you may have argument under the 1951 convention to get quick approval I think. Have you had any immigration problems before?
No I didn't my Indefinite Leave Application sailed through with only the paperwork being read and no interview required , got it at premium service with in 3 hours.

yuliya_london
Newly Registered

Post by yuliya_london » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 am

I have been waiting since May 2016, i was on Tier 1 (General), never a parking ticket in my life (not only in this country). I do not understand what can be causing the delay, and I think it is completely unfair that they would be reviewing other cases before closing off the cases that are just collecting dust somewhere. I have called the general number and also wrote e-mails, but everywhere I get the same answer - we are conducting checks. I don't know what to do.

gtht

Post by gtht » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 am

Pure speculation, but this could be similar to the bad luck my wife had with her name when we visited the USA. By Spanish tradition she has four names and a couple of them are pretty common. For a year and a half we were always kept by immigration when we visited for an extra 2 hours while they called Washington, DC with her details just because there was a fugitive somewhere who had a name that was kind of like hers. Each time the staff was super friendly and acknowledged that she was obviously not the person, but procedure demanded the process. Eventually, after visiting enough times her file must have been noted that she was not the person and she was never stopped ever again.

So maybe its just the bad luck of having a name only slightly similar to somebody else who would be a problem that none of us know about.
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

yuliya_london
Newly Registered

Post by yuliya_london » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:43 am

gtht wrote:Pure speculation, but this could be similar to the bad luck my wife had with her name when we visited the USA. By Spanish tradition she has four names and a couple of them are pretty common. For a year and a half we were always kept by immigration when we visited for an extra 2 hours while they called Washington, DC with her details just because there was a fugitive somewhere who had a name that was kind of like hers. Each time the staff was super friendly and acknowledged that she was obviously not the person, but procedure demanded the process. Eventually, after visiting enough times her file must have been noted that she was not the person and she was never stopped ever again.

So maybe its just the bad luck of having a name only slightly similar to somebody else who would be a problem that none of us know about.

Thank you for trying to cheer up, but my name is not common at all. I have travelled extensively, and was never stopped at any immigration point. I am a US citizen. Obviously, in my line of work I had my background checked numerous times and never ever have been flagged, noted or anything.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 am

yuliya_london wrote:Thank you for trying to cheer up, but my name is not common at all. I have travelled extensively, and was never stopped at any immigration point. I am a US citizen. Obviously, in my line of work I had my background checked numerous times and never ever have been flagged, noted or anything.
Please kindly refrain from stating your occupation in any posts you make, it is not necessary and could be seen as 'self promoting'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
MrsT wrote:I've noticed. They might have hired additional staff due to higher volumes of applications, or maybe they're just working quicker to get more applications approved or refused before Christmas? Does anyone know (maybe someone who has been on the forum for a few years) whether processing times decrease before Christmas? Just guessing here..
Purely speculation .... perhaps the quality of applications and documentation has improved, or maybe / probably there was a big spike pre-referendum .... perhaps the second half of the year is slow anyway .... many of those who wish to apply are still stuck in the EEA PR process .....
Examining the timelines in the other thread, I see a lot of EEA applicants taking approx. 30 days between biometrics and approval.

I wonder if there is an expedited process of approval for EEA people which does not apply to us non-EEA. I think that is unlikely as the same rules apply. What do people think?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:06 pm

peckhampelican wrote:Examining the timelines in the other thread, I see a lot of EEA applicants taking approx. 30 days between biometrics and approval.

I wonder if there is an expedited process of approval for EEA people which does not apply to us non-EEA. I think that is unlikely as the same rules apply. What do people think?
No, everyone is treated equally. There are EU citizens who wait long too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Melak

Post by Melak » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:04 pm

I have noticed too that EU nationals seem to have a shorter waiting time. Hope we all have a fair chance at quick reply :wink:

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:23 pm

Melak wrote:I have noticed too that EU nationals seem to have a shorter waiting time. Hope we all have a fair chance at quick reply :wink:
I'll know soon how long my citizenship application takes but I've just waited for 5.5 months to get my permanent residency card (just proof that I've been in the UK exercising my EU treaty rights for 6+ years) which is a pre-requisite for the citizenship application. No fast track available. So not necessarily all nice and quick for EU national either...

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:19 pm

I very much doubt that EEA migrants have a special status when it comes to citizenship applications. I assume that some checks may be more straight forward and there will be less paperwork over all for EEA migrants. EEA migrants do not need visas and other documents that a non-EU migrant does. Hence less paperwork, hence less time?

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:26 pm

I think eu process take longer specially who who apply within Ncs . I all the time read this topic and I noticed that eu take longer Nd they refuse the applications from stupid point or background . I applied ages ago Nd waiting Nd I think it's Gona take long time I'm non eu used eu rout Nd I'm sure I will wait over 6 months
Mrsgreen I always follow ur post Bcos we nearly same time applied so once I see ur comment so expect u put in October
I believe they will realise October applications this week
But I guess only tir1 Nd 10 years rout but eu maybe in January or Feb

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:29 pm

I am confused, are you sure you meant EU and not Non-EU?
With regards to the October applications I cannot see a trend just yet. I am still seeing more September applications getting replies. I would love to receive a confirmation letter soon but I am not holding my breath :wink: I will let the forum know :D

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 pm

The wait is getting longer and longer - been waiting since 2nd October 2015! ( over 14 months now, on a straightforward case)- I don't understand, how come some people gets BC within 2 month and others can take that long - every time i call them , the checks is not completed yet!!

Anyone been waiting / waited that long , please add some info as it may be helpful for us.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 pm

MMM-MMM wrote:The wait is getting longer and longer - been waiting since 2nd October 2015! ( over 14 months now, on a straightforward case)- I don't understand, how come some people gets BC within 2 month and others can take that long - every time i call them , the checks is not completed yet!!

Anyone been waiting / waited that long , please add some info as it may be helpful for us.
Timeline updates go in timeline thread. However frustrating it must be what else could anyone add apart from "no news".
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 pm

MMM-MMM wrote:The wait is getting longer and longer - been waiting since 2nd October 2015! ( over 14 months now, on a straightforward case)- I don't understand, how come some people gets BC within 2 month and others can take that long - every time i call them , the checks is not completed yet!!

I'm waiting since August 2015. Anyone waiting for longer than me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

malik15 wrote:

I'm waiting since August 2015. Anyone waiting for longer than me?
As far as I am aware, we still have 1 or 2 members waiting since mid 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:26 am

It makes you wonder what is taking so long. Unless you lived under a rock for the majority of the qualifying period surely there should be enough evidence to finish background checks within two years and more. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this forum that this rather stressful period of waiting is short and successful in the end. Stay positive!