ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Keeping your passport while your application is processed.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alia84
Newly Registered

Keeping your passport while your application is processed.

Post by alia84 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

I am applying for a UK spouse visa for my wife who is an Iranian national (i am a UK national). We are looking to apply at VFS Abu Dhabi centre as we couldn't get an appointment for the center in Iran.

My question is once my wife is in Abu Dhabi will she have to stay there until a decision is made (up to 15 days) or will she get some sort of travel document to allow her to travel back to Iran?

The VFS Dubai site has a service which i can pay to have her passport back while her application is being processed, however i want to be sure that this is available for Iranian nationals. Link to the service - https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/uae/user_pa ... ces.html#6

I tried phoning both the UK and UAE contact number to ask for conformation both were unhelpful...

Has anyone had any sort of similar experiences? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Keeping your passport while your application is processe

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Your Iranian wife must have legal residence permission in Dubai if she want to apply from there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.