ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview of naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SPbluez
Newly Registered

Re: Interview of naturalisation

Post by SPbluez » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 am

Hi,

I had my interview and it was an easy interview just about English language and Life in UK tests.

Interviewer said I will ask you few questions about your English language test you have written in UK. I said him I have not written any English language test. He was like you have not written any ETS or TOEIC tests in UK? I said NO and I have only written Life in UK in this country. He said we will talk about your life in UK test then (I was shocked to hear this. I wasn't sure if the interviewer had details of what I have submitted?). He asked me few questions like how did u book your test, where did u take the test, why only that test centre, how many were there in the test and asked me to describe the test, how much did it cost and the date of test. Also did you take any course to prepare for the test. What course was it and things like that.

He asked me again if I have written any ETS or TOEIC english tests. I said No I have proved my english language ability through a foreign degree that was educated in English. And I scored 10 points in PBS. He took note of everything I said and told I will pass on this info to case worker in next 30 minutes and decision should be on your way soon. He also asked me if I have paid someone to take test on my behalf and I said No. I told him the test is not that difficult if you have lived in country for sometime.

At last he said he was happy with my answers and said some people are abusing the system. Thats why we are doing more interviews.

Hope this helps someone. Good luck.

ababerr1
Newly Registered

Post by ababerr1 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:26 pm

ababerr1 wrote:
zahmed05 wrote:As long as your English is fine, they will not cancel your ILR.

Not going for interview will make it more fishy.
hi guys
i had interview call from homeoffice for naturalisation on 18/03/16 but i didt go because of back pain
i did send them my medical
then i request for further to reply and they said plz come for interview if you are fit i said i am still unfit and can you please take my interview on skype but they didt reply and now they have called me for interview on 20/05/2016.
what should i do now and anybody who went there for interview with toeic background
did he come back?
how long was interview?
what did they ask?
did they detain toeic background student as HO U MIGHT KNOW LOST THEIR CASE OF TOEIC IN UPPER TRIBUNAL I WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL TO YOU if anyone can help and reply ASAP.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 pm

No need to keep reposting same question.

If anyone can reply no doubt they will.
Stand by.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tripping

Post by tripping » Wed May 04, 2016 12:21 am

ababerr1 wrote:
ababerr1 wrote:
zahmed05 wrote:As long as your English is fine, they will not cancel your ILR.

Not going for interview will make it more fishy.
hi guys
i had interview call from homeoffice for naturalisation on 18/03/16 but i didt go because of back pain
i did send them my medical
then i request for further to reply and they said plz come for interview if you are fit i said i am still unfit and can you please take my interview on skype but they didt reply and now they have called me for interview on 20/05/2016.
what should i do now and anybody who went there for interview with toeic background
did he come back?
how long was interview?
what did they ask?
did they detain toeic background student as HO U MIGHT KNOW LOST THEIR CASE OF TOEIC IN UPPER TRIBUNAL I WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL TO YOU if anyone can help and reply ASAP.
If your background is clean and you can explain yourself perfectly in English, and going by SpBluez's experience, you just have to prepare for it and attend. Refusal to attend will put your application in jeopardy so how will this help with your situation? Being in permanent limbo? This is the HO considering your BC application, and if they request an interview as a requirement in your case, you ATTEND - its called following the rule. Thought this would be common sense to most people.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:35 pm

As long as your TOEIC wasn't a proxy and you can demonstrate the right level of English, you will not be deported.

If your TOEIC was a proxy and you have used some wrong means to obtain the qualification then you may not be deported straight away but certainly your visa can be revoked.

As I said earlier, if you have nothing to hide then go and nail it but if you have done something wrong then you will need to face the consequences.

ababerr1
Newly Registered

Post by ababerr1 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:00 pm

zahmed05 wrote:As long as your TOEIC wasn't a proxy and you can demonstrate the right level of English, you will not be deported.

If your TOEIC was a proxy and you have used some wrong means to obtain the qualification then you may not be deported straight away but certainly your visa can be revoked.

As I said earlier, if you have nothing to hide then go and nail it but if you have done something wrong then you will need to face the consequences.
many thanks
I do not have any problem in English in speaking,writing,listening,Reading
but problem is HO deported 50000 students without any legal process and any proof.
the proof which they took in upper tribunal(UT) they have lost their case and UT said HO totally relying on hearsay
and there is no proper proof. thats why i am worried . i am not worried about my language problem i am worried because of their rude and dearly beloved attitude with international.

my question now is have they stop deportation or still kicking peoples out from this country?or after losing their case in court are they still detaining students in HO or not?
i hope you will not mind and will help me accordingly
again i am not requesting i havet done anything wrong nor i am a proxy student but dont want to be treated like 50000 innocent peoples..

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed May 04, 2016 6:21 pm

ababerr1 wrote:...

many thanks
I do not have any problem in English in speaking,writing,listening,Reading
but problem is HO deported 50000 students without any legal process and any proof.
the proof which they took in upper tribunal(UT) they have lost their case and UT said HO totally relying on hearsay
and there is no proper proof. thats why i am worried . i am not worried about my language problem i am worried because of their rude and dearly beloved attitude with international.

my question now is have they stop deportation or still kicking peoples out from this country?or after losing their case in court are they still detaining students in HO or not?
i hope you will not mind and will help me accordingly
again i am not requesting i havet done anything wrong nor i am a proxy student but dont want to be treated like 50000 innocent peoples..
You're probably over thinking this.

If you have applied for privilege of citizenship HO know full well where you live.
- if they were interested in deporting you they could have popped round to your place at any time.

Suggest get interview over with and move on with the application you have invested in.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ababerr1
Newly Registered

Post by ababerr1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Guys,
does anyone can help me about my query
i sent my application to HO for naturalisation on 01/09/2015 and till today there is no reply.
i did give my interview in liverpool HO and they said we will let you know about the decision.
i sent lot of emails as well and didt get any single reply.
what will happen??????????????????????????????
need urgent reply if anyone can

i gave my interview on 20/05/2016 and till today no reply