ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on spousal settlement visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chale
Newly Registered

Advice on spousal settlement visa

Post by chale » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:04 am

Hi There,

This is a great site where it seems like people get the info that is important.

I am a UK citizen living in the Uk currently. I recently got married in Nigeria in dec 2007. My husband is currently in nigeria :cry: and we are getting ready to apply for a spousal settlement visa.

I seem to have most of the criteria but i have a few concerns:

1) I have a good job (£2100 after tax), but my bank statements for the past 7 months show that I have an overdraft of £350 which I have tapped into quite regularly.

2) I do not currently have savings because I had to pay for the wedding and all my tickets back to nigeria.

3) I have no clue what to write in the invitation letter (PLEASE someone help me out with a template or sample letter).

I have a 1 bedroom flat which i am currently renting (12 month lease).
can anyone please advise me.

Malcolm k
Newly Registered

statement letter

Post by Malcolm k » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:22 am

Hi,
This is the letter I wrote for my wifes settlement visa. Adjust it to fit your situation.

Embassy address Your home address

phone numb.
work numb.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Status and Intentions of (your full name) in connection with Entry Clearance application to the UK for (spouse full name).

I am a British Citizen, born in the UK in (19??) and have been resident in the UK all my life. I first met my wife ( full name of spouse) in ( place and date). We soon became friends and in (date) I went to visit my wife for the first time at her home in (city and country). Since that time our relationship progressed into a loving one. I returned in (date) and at that time proposed to my wife and she accepted and we were married in (city, country) on the (date).

Since the start of our relationship I have made several visits to be with my wife, in (details of dates spent with spouse).

I have been advised to write a letter to accompany Mr/Mrs (full name) application for Entry Clearance to the UK, stating my status in the UK, financial circumstances and my intentions.

I am in full time employement as a (job title) where I work and in what locality. My basic net income from this employement is (£????) a month. When my wife comes to live with me here we will be resident at my house, the address of which is above. It is my intention and that of my wife we remain together as man and wife permanently.

The house where I live is owned by my parents, my wife and I will occupy one bedroom and share the remainder of the house. It is a four bedroomed detached house with a lounge, dining room, Spam, toilet downstairs and a combined toilet shower room upstairs.

At the moment it is only my self and both my parents who live in the house. There are no other people resident in the house.

We have discussed where we will live permanently and agreed it is necessary to live in the UK. It is necessary for me to remain in the UK to keep my employement and it is therefore necessary for my wife to move to the UK to be with me.

I have discussed this with my wife and we are agreed this is what we both want.

My parents have provided an affidavit confirming their agreement to my wife and I living in the property and also confirming their agreement to provide any financial support as may be necessary in order there will be no recourse to public funds in the UK. I also enclose my payslips, bank statements, P60 and other documents from my employer confirming my employement.

I have sufficient income to mantain a satisfactory standard of living for me and my wife. There will be no necessity for us to recourse to public funds.

It is my intention my wife and I remain together permanently in the UK as man and wife and we will be resident at my home address, (full home address).

I trust the foregoing is sufficient for your requirements. If you should require further information, I am sure my wife, Mrs ?????????, will be able to provide you with the details and she will have the originals of all documents should you require sight of them. Certified true copies of my passport are provided for your retention.

If you require further information from me, please contact me at the above address.

yours faithfully,

Mr ???????????????

I hope this will help you. I can also provide you with the letter my wife wrote also, just let me know, all the best :D :D :D I also sent you a PM

m000n

Post by m000n » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm

Please if you provide the letter yours wife wrote.
many thanks

did yours wife got visa?i m aplying for my husband

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

spouse visa letter

Post by scorpiolady » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:52 pm

thanks to malcolm k for the letter exemplar. i will be making an application for a spouse visa very soon. good luck chale with your application!!
Scorpiolady

taiwookunade
Newly Registered

Post by taiwookunade » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi, this is the letter my wife sent with all the documents we forwarded to the BHC in Nigeria. We got my spousal visa two days ago. I will be willing to share my experience with you if you dont mind.

Sponsor's Address

The Consular Officer
British High Commission
Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos State
Nigeria

Date

Dear Sir or Madam:

Letter of Consent for the Settlement of (Name of spouse) in the United Kingdom (UK).

I write to introduce the bearer of this letter, (Name of spouse), of (Address of spouse).

We had our wedding on (Date of wedding) at the Ikoyi Registry in Lagos State, Nigeria.

(Name of spouse) and I have decided that he should relocate and settle in the UK to enable him stay with me. He has the intention of taking up a (kind of jobs in he take up) job in the UK to enable him maintain himself and the family. (Name of spouse) is a holder of (Types of degrees). He We therefore, do not foresee any hindrance to his getting a good job in the UK.

My request to you is to grant him a settlement visa to enable him relocate and settle in the UK.

My name is (name of sponsor) (see attached our marriage certificate). I stay in (Description of accommodation) at (Location of accommodation). My mobile and home telephone Numbers are (Mobile and home numbers).

Please find attached for your perusal, copies of the bio-date and other relevant pages of my British passport, my rent agreement and utility bills. I would be most appreciative of a favourable response to this request.

Sincere regards,

Name and signature of sponsor

m000n

Post by m000n » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:16 pm

:D Many thanks and Congratulation for the visa.
Hope my hubby will get visa too
bless u

taiwookunade
Newly Registered

Post by taiwookunade » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:16 am

I can assure that Nigeria BHC is not that bad. If your documents are okay and your intention is genuine, you will get your visa. Most spouses with genuine cases are usually issue their visas in Nigeria.