ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with question in the visa application form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KakaBalli
Newly Registered

Using UK Bank Statement for Visa

Post by KakaBalli » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi

Can I have a UK bank account without having a valid UK visa and then use this bank's statement to apply for UK visa?

To elaborate, I opened the account in a bank when I was in UK on tier 4 visa. The visa was subsequently curtailed while I was out of UK. Now I am applying for a fresh visa from outside UK. Is there any problem if I operate my bank account without visa and then use its statement to apply for fresh visa?

Thanks in advance for your help and please don't ban for asking this silly question.

Regards

Sedanday

Re: Using UK Bank Statement for Visa

Post by Sedanday » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 pm

From personal experience
Similar situation as you
There's no problem
I've used my UK bank a/c for visitor visa and it was granted in two days. Just explain the source of money or if there's any bulk. It would also help if you add a bank account from your country where you live even if the amount is not great

KakaBalli
Newly Registered

Re: Using UK Bank Statement for Visa

Post by KakaBalli » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi Sedanday

Many thanks for your reply. This is really helpful.

Regards

KakaBalli
Newly Registered

Help with question in the visa application form

Post by KakaBalli » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi

I was filling my visa application form for UK and came up with this question below:

Have you been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years?

I previously held a tier 4 study visa which was curtailed while I was out of UK in my home country. So, I was not deported, removed or had to leave the UK. Therefore, if I answer the question NO, where should I mention the curtailment of my visa in the application form?

If I answer the question YES, the form asks for additional details below:

Country deported from
Date of deportation/removal
The port or airport
Reason for deportation/removal

None of the applicable in my case as I was not deported or had to leave. Therefore, what would be the proper way to address an answer to this question and still be able to indicate the curtailment of my visa for being out of UK for more than 6 months.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers and for all your help.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with question in the visa application form

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:52 pm

There is no need to start a new topic with each question you have about the same application. See Multiple Posts (Click)

You answer no. You were not deported. HO will have a record of your curtailment and you can add the details in the 'additional information section'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KakaBalli
Newly Registered

Post by KakaBalli » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi CR001

Sorry for making multiple posts as I am new to the forum.

And, thanks for your reply and help.

Regards

KakaBalli
Newly Registered

Post by KakaBalli » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi

Another question for filling in the visa application form. This is about Family and Friends in the UK. I have a few friends and many relatives living in the UK. Should I give details of all the relatives. For example, I have first cousins and other relatives living in the UK. They all have children and families. Should I give details of all these cousins, their spouses and their children and other distant relatives? Moreover, I have colleagues and friends there as well.

While I do not want to hide/leave any information, providing complete details of all these relatives and friends is too cumbersome. Please advise what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards