ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for visit visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sujoo
Newly Registered

Documents for visit visa.

Post by sujoo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 am

Hi,
Me and my husband are planning to invite my father and mother-in-law to the UK from Nepal in visit visa for 6 months. My husband is in the army, and we currently live in army quarter. Therefore, we've to go through army terms and conditions. We have already been granted a permission to keep them in our house. However, there are many other paper works which needs to be ready before applying and that is really confusing.
First and foremost, my husband is sponsoring them so he will supply with his pay slips and bank statements. Does this pay slip and statements should be from last 3 or 6 months? Also, does he need to send his passport (original or photocopy)? They've also asked for the travel insurance, so is this done before applying or after getting visa.

Furthermore, the visit visa guidance asks for a financial status of the visitors back home. In my case, my father-in-law is a pensioner, so he can submit pension slips or bank statement of his pension ( last 3 months?). They too want a letter from visitors explaining why they want to visit and their recent circumstances in the Nepal. Can they simply write visiting son and daughter in-law? And about the circumstances, they live with their another son, daughter-in-law and 1grandson, so do they've to mention about them in a letter individually that they live together? Actually, I want to show home office that they've a family and will return back. Finally, where can they make these types of letter. Can they make in local municipality office or is there any UK designated Home office in Nepal where they can go and make such letters. Sorry for long winding questions, but want to whether I,m in track!

Many thanks
Sujoo.

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Re: Documents for visit visa.

Post by hyderabadi1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 pm

sujoo wrote:Hi,
Me and my husband are planning to invite my father and mother-in-law to the UK from Nepal in visit visa for 6 months. My husband is in the army, and we currently live in army quarter. Therefore, we've to go through army terms and conditions. We have already been granted a permission to keep them in our house. However, there are many other paper works which needs to be ready before applying and that is really confusing.
First and foremost, my husband is sponsoring them so he will supply with his pay slips and bank statements. Does this pay slip and statements should be from last 3 or 6 months? Also, does he need to send his passport (original or photocopy)? They've also asked for the travel insurance, so is this done before applying or after getting visa. Should be last 6 months payslips and last 6 months bank statements. A photocopy of his passport should be enough. Im not sure about the travel insurance its best to include it if you can or a quote or something to show their trip and medical treatments if required is covered

Furthermore, the visit visa guidance asks for a financial status of the visitors back home. In my case, my father-in-law is a pensioner, so he can submit pension slips or bank statement of his pension ( last 3 months?). Last 6 months pension/bank statements and tax returns if it doesn't show tax paid on payslips

They too want a letter from visitors explaining why they want to visit and their recent circumstances in the Nepal. Can they simply write visiting son and daughter in-law? And about the circumstances, they live with their another son, daughter-in-law and 1grandson, so do they've to mention about them in a letter individually that they live together? Actually, I want to show home office that they've a family and will return back. Finally, where can they make these types of letter. Can they make in local municipality office or is there any UK designated Home office in Nepal where they can go and make such letters. Sorry for long winding questions, but want to whether I,m in track!

Might be an idea to give a brief description that they live with their other son and have have every intention of returning back.

Many thanks
Sujoo.

sujoo
Newly Registered

Re: Documents for visit visa.

Post by sujoo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:58 am

Thanks for the advice.