ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application - Financial requirement evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamiechia21
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa application - Financial requirement evidence

Post by jamiechia21 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi,

I’m getting documents ready for the spouse visa to bring my wife over to Uk from Japan, and so far gathered I need to give the following to prove financial requirement:
・Employment letter from my previous employer
・Official payslips with confirmation letter
・Official bank statements

I was working abroad and recently just came back to UK, really want to check before I ask my last boss but would the examples below be acceptable for: 1) Pay Slip confirmation and 2) employment letter.

1) Payslip Confirmation Letter

To whom it may concern,

This is to confirm that the Pay Slips attached to this letter are true and authentic as per our Pay roll records.

Please find below the Gross pay received by ****** in accordance to the period between January - August 2016.

Jan 2016 – **
Feb 2016 – **
Mar 2016 – **
Apr 2016 – **
May 2016 – **
Jun 2016 – **
Jul 2016 – **
Aug 2016 – **

Sincerely,
……

--------------------

2) Employment Confirmation Letter

To whom it may concern,

This is to confirm that *****, has worked as a permanent employee at ******* from 11th May 2015 and ending 30th July 2016, and has earnt a gross annual salary of, *****.

For more inquiries regarding his employment with the company, please contact
***** at *******

Sincerley,
…..
---------------------------

Many Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Spouse Visa application - Financial requirement evidence

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:07 pm

What is your employment status now? Are you applying under category A or B? You should be in employment at the time of making application. Its not obligatory to get letter from employer to prove authenticity of payslips if these payslips are original.. You need employer letter/work contract , 6 originals payslips if applying under CAT A of salaried or non salaried . If they are not originals then letter from employer confirming the authenticity of these copy payslips ..employer letter should be on official headed paper and should mention the job title, start date of job, pay rate etc

jamiechia21
Newly Registered

Post by jamiechia21 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi ILR1980, thanks for your message.

I will be applying through category B, and intend to start applying in February after I start my new job next month. I have been working in Japan until July of this year and have calculated I will just make enough in the 12 months before the application to meet the requirement of 18,600, (provided it can get calculated on the gross.)

I have payslips however they are printed out pdf copies and therefore I think I will need the payslip confirmation letter. For the employment letter, I already have my signed contract however, I was stupid and copied the signed contract, and posted the original back to the company. Therefore you can kind of tell it is not original. I could ask my company for the original back, but I though it might be better to ask for the employment letter instead, as it would need to be in English anyway. My contract does not have the length of employment written as I was a permanent employee, and doesn't mention "the period over which they have been paid the level of salary relied on in the application", would this affect the application if I chose to just hand in the contract.

Still got a lot of work to do to get the application ready for Feb, but hoping it all goes smoothly.
Greatly appreciate all your kind support! :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:02 pm

You will need 12 months consecutive payslips and bank statements to prove income. From your post, it looks like you have a few months gap between employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jamiechia21
Newly Registered

Post by jamiechia21 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks, actually I left my job in July so I don't have any payslips past august, and therefore is quite a big gap in employment. I will be starting my new job in Jan next year and looking to apply for visa beginning of Feb.

The requirement is to have 18,600 in the 12 month prior to the application and I will have a new job at the time of the application. So even though there is a big gap, should the payslips from Jan-Aug (the 12 month period before) plus a payslip from my new job suffice, providing they meet 18,600? Or would I need definitely need to include a whole 12 months worth of payslips? - In this case I would only be able to hand in statements + payslips from Aug 2015-Aug2016.

Many thanks

jamiechia21
Newly Registered

Post by jamiechia21 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Would it be definitely worth trying to get the original copy of my contract back from my previous employer, or can my the employment letter cover it?