ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Financial requirements - Cash savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vtaneja

Spouse visa - Financial requirements - Cash savings

Post by vtaneja » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks a lot for your invaluable support on this forum. It's absolutely amazing.

I'm a British citizen and my wife is an Indian citizen. Both of us were in UK till early 2015 (from 2008). I had a Tier 1 General visa and eventually got the British citizenship. My wife had a student visa to begin with followed by a Tier 1 General dependent visa. We left London in 2015 to travel and work on freelance basis online. My wife's Tier 1 General dependent visa expired while we were out of UK.

We are planning on moving back to London and are looking at applying for the spouse visa for my wife. We were thinking of going down the cash savings route to satisfy the financial requirements and I wanted to know if I can use one of my Fixed Deposits in India as financial proof.

Here are the 3 accounts we will use to show a total of £62500 in savings:

a) My wife's savings account in UK
b) My own savings account in UK
c) My fixed deposits in India (will this work?)

d) I also have a limited company registered in UK from which I draw a monthly salary (I am the directory), however from what I understand I can't combine this salary with my savings, right?

Thanks a lot for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - Financial requirements - Cash savings

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:34 pm

You can't use FD. Funds must be liquid and immediately accessible.

Savings must have been held for a minimum of 6 months with evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

So if I break the FD and have that money in my Indian savings account (NRE), can I use that (even though it's not in a UK bank account but Indian account).

Sure, the savings will be in our accounts for the past 6 months and we will show original bank statements.

In terms of "source of funds" (I believe we have to fill this in the form?), will something on the lines of "savings from when we lived in UK from 2008-2015" suffice?

Thanks once again

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:36 am

Hi friends,

Would appreciate if someone could answer my questions.

Thanks a lot

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am

We used two FD accounts when we applied in 2014 but they both offered instant access with a penalty. We got the two banks to write letters confirming this. They were foreign banks which is fine as long as they are accepted by UKVI.

Our declarations on the source of funds were a little more detailed, giving information on salary, company for which my husband worked, length of time of employment etc. If you have any statements that show money being transferred from chequing account to savings, that can be useful too.

If you have enough in savings, then there is no need to mention any other source of income. In fact, it can be confusing if you do.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi Michali,

Thank you ever so much for your response. Where did you get that list of banks that are accepted by UKVI?

Thanks

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:09 am

I think this page gives that information. To be honest, I knew our banks were fine so did not really check but I have heard some financial institutions are not recognised.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions