ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pentaya
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:31 pm

somjan wrote:Any help - OCI via Edinburgh VFS to Indian Consulate Edinburgh.
I applied for OCI via Edinburgh VFS to Indian Consulate Edinburgh. I applied on 07-Nov. Now 1 month passed, the status show - no record found. Also, I have not received my originals back.
I called VFS Edinburgh. On repeated follow-up, they replied with general mail with no information on my case and asked to contact to Indian Consulate Edinburgh by email.
I already wrote two emails to Indian Consulate Edinburgh. No reply. I tried to call the number appeared on the website, but no reply.
Does anybody applied for OCI to Indian Consulate Edinburgh after 07-Nov and got their originals back or show any status?
Can anybody guide me on this?
Thanks,
somjan
How come you have submitted the originals ? What do you mean originals ?

All you would need is to upload the documents online and submit the same ones in person. They check the originals and return you there and then. Once the OCI is approved, You would need to go again and submit your British Passport. They send you passport and OCI together a week.

apdon
Newly Registered

Post by apdon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:20 am

vkk wrote:Hi ALL,

I have applied for my OCI as below

Date Of Acknowledgement on 28-OCT-2016
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 29-NOV-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI 30-NOV-2016
Document received At BIRMINGHAM ----

Documents has dispatched from Delhi on 30-Nov-2016 but still not received at Birmingham yet

Any person applied from Birmingham? if so can you share information when did you received to Birmingham from delhi?

I booked tickets to travel on 28-Dec so bit worried so bit worried..

Regards,
VKK
Hi VKK,

Has the documents reached Bham now? Please let me know how long it took. Below is my baby's OCI timeline.

Thanks.

Date Of Acknowledgment 04-NOV-2016
Registration Status at Mission BIRMINGHAM
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 05-DEC-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 06-DEC-2016
Document received At BIRMINGHAM On Not received yet

rbsjp
India

Post by rbsjp » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:45 am

Todays update says PROCESSED. So what do I need to do now?
RS

Londoner101
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner101 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:53 am

Hi all

This is my experience, almost 3 months to get OCI granted based on spouse already holding OCI. I would suggest if no update after 42 days email info.london@hcilondon.in and keep chasing them. after 2 emails (10 days) i got a response saying it was granted.

Submitted at Goswell Rd, London

Applicant Name XXX
File Acknowledgment Number YYY
Date Of Acknowledgment 09-SEP-2016
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number ZZZ
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 06-DEC-2016
Document received At LONDON On 06-DEC-2016
Passport Submitted (today) 08-DEC-2016

Told 7-10 days to get it in post, though having read some posts could be over 10 days which is not good for me as I travel on the 21st Dec. Though I am hoping it comes sooner like the person who got it in about 6 days. Fingers crossed or will be very expensive holiday to change flights and miss out on hotel stays.

Good luck all!

GB85
Newly Registered

Post by GB85 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 pm

rbsjp wrote:Todays update says PROCESSED. So what do I need to do now?
You need to print the status page and take that along with your passport back to the VFS. They will stamp the passport and send it together with your OCI booklet via mail. I think the detailed procedure is on VFS website.

rbsjp
India

Post by rbsjp » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 pm

do I need to make appointment for that too?
RS

apdon
Newly Registered

Post by apdon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:03 pm

rbsjp wrote:do I need to make appointment for that too?
Doesnt look like it. This is what vfs site says "Applicants can submit the below documents for OCI stamping between 8:30am -11am (all working days). All cases submitted after the advised time, will be sent to the High Commission of India or its respective consulates, the following day. For all cases submitted after 11am, there will be some ‘waiting time’ involved, as the preference will be given to other services with appointments."

Mine got processed today, i'm off tomorrow to submit originals.

appu4u22
Newly Registered

Post by appu4u22 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 pm

VFS Center: Paddigton
Application Date: 13/10/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 14/10/2016
Original docs Received: 19/10/2016
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 07 DEC 2016
Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI: 07 DEC 2016
Document received At LONDON: 07 DEC 2016
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS Paddigton): 12 DEC 2016 (Planning)
SMS/Email received:
Passport and OCI booklet Received:

Hi, I'm planing to submit my Passport in VFS(Paddington) on 12th December and i have a planned journey on 25th December (Tickets booked)... Do i have enough time to get my passport back or i should i go for E-Visa option to travel to India...
please suggest me ..

Thank you in advance

vkk
Newly Registered

Post by vkk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi apdon,

here is my updated status

Document received At BIRMINGHAM 05-Dec-2015
Passport Submit:06-Dec-2016
passport and OCI Booklet: still waiting
apdon wrote:
vkk wrote:Hi ALL,

I have applied for my OCI as below

Document received At BIRMINGHAM ----

Documents has dispatched from Delhi on 30-Nov-2016 but still not received at Birmingham yet

Any person applied from Birmingham? if so can you share information when did you received to Birmingham from delhi?

I booked tickets to travel on 28-Dec so bit worried so bit worried..

Regards,
VKK
Hi VKK,

Has the documents reached Bham now? Please let me know how long it took. Below is my baby's OCI timeline.

Thanks.

Date Of Acknowledgment 04-NOV-2016
Registration Status at Mission BIRMINGHAM
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 05-DEC-2016
Document received At BIRMINGHAM On Not received yet

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 pm

appu4u22 wrote:VFS Center: Paddigton
Application Date: 13/10/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 14/10/2016
Original docs Received: 19/10/2016
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 07 DEC 2016
Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI: 07 DEC 2016
Document received At LONDON: 07 DEC 2016
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS Paddigton): 12 DEC 2016 (Planning)
SMS/Email received:
Passport and OCI booklet Received:

Hi, I'm planing to submit my Passport in VFS(Paddington) on 12th December and i have a planned journey on 25th December (Tickets booked)... Do i have enough time to get my passport back or i should i go for E-Visa option to travel to India...
please suggest me ..

Thank you in advance
So you have ten working days to get this. I submitted passport on Monday and got a SMS today - assuming the passport arrives tomorrow or on Monday - it would be 6 working days - so it is possible but does not mean will happen in each case. You need to decide if it is leaving too much to chance - visa ain't cheap though.

I submitted the passport the very next morning that I noticed the status was changed - so not sure why you waited for two days, it only takes 10 mins to get the documents together and if you get to the office before 8am - you can be out with-in minutes.

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:39 pm

So you would rather have people read the document for you and give you the answer - what is the guarantee that you will read answers that people give you - that seem lot of work.

rbsjp
India

Post by rbsjp » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Can all the members please confirm. Do I need to make an appointment to submit the passport once the online status of OCI shows processed and received in London. I applied at Goswell Road London. Or, can I just walk in on any working day with my documents. Many thanks
RS

rbsjp
India

Post by rbsjp » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:23 pm

NN123 wrote:
So you would rather have people read the document for you and give you the answer - what is the guarantee that you will read answers that people give you - that seem lot of work.
Sir, I am asking about the experience of the members. Information on website is not always correct
RS

jaysingh2k
Newly Registered

Post by jaysingh2k » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:03 pm

rbsjp wrote:Can all the members please confirm. Do I need to make an appointment to submit the passport once the online status of OCI shows processed and received in London. I applied at Goswell Road London. Or, can I just walk in on any working day with my documents. Many thanks
Hi rbsjp,

If your status has changed to "Processed" and your OCI card has arrived in London, you can go any time back to the VFS office where you originally applied for OCI.

Take a print out of the status screen showing your application is processed, along with your passport, pre-paid envelope usually Royal Mail Special Delivery (if you took your own at the start or paid VFS for one) in which your passport and OCI card will be returned back together later usually 8-10 working days later, may come quicker before this quoted time frame. You don't need other documents unless they were requested. The times to go in usually I have been told are until 11am the latest, which I did for one our applications.

Do note, the sooner you do it the better because Christmas is less than 2 weeks away and if you have a pre-paid envelope for Royal Mail use, they won't be delivering any post from 25th Dec to 27th Dec, normal postal service will recommence back on 28th until 31st Dec, then again no postal service until 2nd Jan, postal service will recommence back on 3rd Jan and onwards.

apdon
Newly Registered

Post by apdon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 am

[quote="vkk"]Hi apdon,

here is my updated status

Document received At BIRMINGHAM 05-Dec-2015
Passport Submit:06-Dec-2016
passport and OCI Booklet: still waiting

[quote="vkk"]

Thanks very much VKK. That's helpful.

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:58 pm

rbsjp wrote:
NN123 wrote:
Sir, I am asking about the experience of the members. Information on website is not always correct
Information on the site is correct, and in any case people won't replicate the whole thing here for you. Go through the info and then ask specific questions if you don't understand something - both your questions were far too generic.

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:01 pm

DX Delivery - anyone got their parcel delivered on time? This is second time I ended up using them thanks to VFS and no parcel delivered yet - and no information available on the site other than it will be delivered today. At time of surrender certificate they falsely claimed they 'tried' to deliver and nobody was at home where infact we were home waiting all day. 1000s of bad reviews for these guys online - why do even vfs use these guys.

dreamer645

Post by dreamer645 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi,

A quick question for which I can't find answer. So probably someone can answer who has gone through similar process.

I have submitted my application along with my wife and son. Application is processed and I need to submit passport at VFS.

Question:

- Can I submit all passport with print out of status on my own or do each family member has to go?
- Secondly, I submitted initial application at Birmingham. Can I submit at another VFS or it has to be same VFS? It does say same VFS but for some reason I remember someone mentioning it can be any VFS.

Thanks

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:21 am

dreamer645 wrote:Hi,

A quick question for which I can't find answer. So probably someone can answer who has gone through similar process.

I have submitted my application along with my wife and son. Application is processed and I need to submit passport at VFS.

Question:

- Can I submit all passport with print out of status on my own or do each family member has to go?
- Secondly, I submitted initial application at Birmingham. Can I submit at another VFS or it has to be same VFS? It does say same VFS but for some reason I remember someone mentioning it can be any VFS.

Thanks
1. Yes - they don't check who is submitting the passport as it has no relevance - I submitted this on the behalf of the family. They'll just ask you at the door as to how many you are submitting and give you tokens
2. You could always try as you are unlikely to find someone in your position to tell you if that is possible - there is no harm in travelling down and if you get there before 8am you wouldn't lose any time (if they decline to accept it).

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 am

NN123 wrote:DX Delivery - anyone got their parcel delivered on time? This is second time I ended up using them thanks to VFS and no parcel delivered yet - and no information available on the site other than it will be delivered today. At time of surrender certificate they falsely claimed they 'tried' to deliver and nobody was at home where infact we were home waiting all day. 1000s of bad reviews for these guys online - why do even vfs use these guys.
The guy turned up at 7.30pm to deliver the passports - so we finally go that after day long waiting and beyond the 6pm that they said in the text/online. They messed up my delivery at the time of surrender certificate so was getting irritated - didn't want to call their premium number again.

All well that ends well, as they say- OCI received so my job here is done! Thanks for helping guys - and good luck.

Londoner101
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner101 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 pm

NN123 wrote:
NN123 wrote:DX Delivery - anyone got their parcel delivered on time? This is second time I ended up using them thanks to VFS and no parcel delivered yet - and no information available on the site other than it will be delivered today. At time of surrender certificate they falsely claimed they 'tried' to deliver and nobody was at home where infact we were home waiting all day. 1000s of bad reviews for these guys online - why do even vfs use these guys.
The guy turned up at 7.30pm to deliver the passports - so we finally go that after day long waiting and beyond the 6pm that they said in the text/online. They messed up my delivery at the time of surrender certificate so was getting irritated - didn't want to call their premium number again.

All well that ends well, as they say- OCI received so my job here is done! Thanks for helping guys - and good luck.
Hi NN123

Now that you've received your OCI, can you advise:

- What date and what office you submitted your Passport to get the OCI put in it?
- What date did you get the text saying the OCI is being sent by courier?
- Did you receive your Passport/OCI same day as the notification text was sent? If not, how many days later?

Trying to see if mine is likely to arrive before my family leaves me in the UK on 21st Dec :(

dreamer645

Post by dreamer645 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:28 am

NN123 wrote:
dreamer645 wrote:Hi,

Question:

Thanks
1. Yes - they don't check who is submitting the passport as it has no relevance - I submitted this on the behalf of the family. They'll just ask you at the door as to how many you are submitting and give you tokens
2. You could always try as you are unlikely to find someone in your position to tell you if that is possible - there is no harm in travelling down and if you get there before 8am you wouldn't lose any time (if they decline to accept it).

Thanks NN123

1) Yes, you are right as you said no one checks who's submitting the passport. I submitted all 3 yesterday.
2) As per VFS employee, yes you can submit at any VFS.

Thanks

Ramanji
Newly Registered

Post by Ramanji » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:32 am

Final Update

Application Date :05/10/2016
VFS Center: London-Bristol
Date of acknowledgement : 07/10/2016
Original docs Received : 14/10/2016
Documents Printing Status : Processed-01/12/2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : 02/12/2016
Document received At London: 02/12/2016
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON:05/12/2016
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED :10/12/2016

jaysingh2k
Newly Registered

Post by jaysingh2k » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:45 pm

UPDATE

Application Date : 06-10-2016
VFS Center: London Hounslow
Date of acknowledgement : 07-10-2016
Original docs Received : 08-10-2016
Documents Printing Status: : PROCESSED 13-12-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : 13-12-2016
Document received At London: 13-12-16
Passport Submitted in person :
Passport and OCI document received :

Hi All,

I thought I give an update so far that yesterday my OCI application has finally been Processed based on Spouse. They took just over 2 months, which is quite impressive based on other people who have applied are still waiting for more than 3-4 months! I did email HCI after 6 weeks passed and they replied saying no progress yet as the quoted timeframe 6-8 weeks hasn't passed yet. When the 8th week passed, I emailed HCI again and within couple of days I had a reply saying my OCI has been granted, and it will take 2-3 weeks for the OCI card to be printed. Based on my application, it got printed a week after I had the 2nd email reply from HCI.

I now need to take time off work, but there is less chance now as Christmas is coming up, and VFS are open after Boxing Day, which is ideal for me.

Will update later when I receive the OCI card. Best of Luck to all others who are still waiting for their applications to be processed.

Londoner101
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner101 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if the courier company delivering the Passport/OCI deliver on Sat and Sun? Or is it only Mon-Fri?

Thanks