ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: Documents sent by UKVI lost in post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suktankar999
Newly Registered

Naturalisation: Documents sent by UKVI lost in post

Post by suktankar999 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi,

I made an application for naturalisation on 17th July 2016. Initially, I had issues getting my bio-metric request letter from the UKVI. They had to send me a reminder ( as the first one never reached me!) and I finally gave my Biometic on 26th August.

Ever since, I have been waiting for an update on my application. Every-time I called the UKVI call centre, they told me to wait for 6 months as that was the SLA.

Yesterday, I played a bit cheeky and told them that I made my application on 17th May ( rather than 17th July) and it’s been 6 months, they arranged a call back. I got a call from them and the lady put me on hold to check my application. She then informed me that communication was already sent to me in September and that I should have got my certificate by now!!

She has told me to write by post to the Liverpool office which I have done. However, I have been told that it will take a few weeks before they will pick up my post which means that this could delay the whole process for no fault of my own. Another representative told me to email ‘ Citizenship support email’ which I have also done. But I am worried that it will take a few weeks before I will get any response.

1) Would you know if they would have cancelled my application because it’s now 2 months ( assuming they sent stuff out around end of September) since September?

2) What is the best and most speedy way to resolve this situation? I am going from pillar to post on this one!

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Many Thanks,
Sambhav

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation: Documents sent by UKVI lost in post

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:40 pm

You have 3 months in which to attend naturalisation ceremony before your grant of the privilege is lost.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

suktankar999
Newly Registered

Post by suktankar999 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Many Thanks.

Would you know the quickest way to get them to re-send the letter?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:27 pm

suktankar999 wrote:Many Thanks.

Would you know the quickest way to get them to re-send the letter?
Well you say you've already written so will have to wait for a response.

You could try bringing in the big guns and ask your MP to follow up and chase up on your behalf.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi,

Contact your council to find out that they still have your certificate? If they have then arrange a ceremony and I hope they will allow you to attend the ceremony.

Good Luck

suktankar999
Newly Registered

Post by suktankar999 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks Guys,

Just called the council - they said that they cannot provide any information regarding my certificate or approval letter and any comms needs to come from UKVI.

I suppose the only option left is to wait for them to get back soon and hope that they extend my 3 month window!