ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Appeal Submitted- Want to start new job

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Appeal Submitted- Want to start new job

Post by Gunner786 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi,
i was refused my spouse visa and appealed 1 month ago.
I have now decided to leave my job as i have 2 options.
Either start taxi or work at another company.
My jobs wont have no gap so it wont affect my financial requirements as my payslips will be continous.
But if i start taxi that would be self employed so how would that affect my appeal when it goes to court? I would prefer to do taxi so any help or advice wouod be appreciated.

Refusal points were
1. Why did you apply after 18 months no explanation was given- I applied after exactly 12 months.
2. You havent visited your wife in 18 months therefore you cannot financially support her- I applied after 12 months and was waiting for visa decision and was planning to bring her back with me.
3. They phoned my employer on Eid Day when we were shut therefore my employment was not genuine.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa Appeal Submitted- Want to start new job

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Changes in EMployment, should have no effect on appeal, provided you met the requirement at the time of applying.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm

What if i was to start taxi( self employed) and the appeal drags on will i have to wait 1 full year to reapply?

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:45 pm

If you were to make a fresh application then you will have to show you meet the requirements all over again. If you change job or become self-employed you will have to meet the relevant requirements.