ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for RC got COA without right to work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

calvento
Newly Registered

Applied for RC got COA without right to work

Post by calvento » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:44 am

I am in almost the same exact position as the OP, except my EU partner is a worker, and we did not apply for his registration certificate as I didn't think it seemed necessary. For proof of him working we provided a signed statement from his boss and bank statements showing direct deposits form his employer, but we also got the "insufficient proof of sponsor exercising his treaty rights" denial on my COA.

So, I have the same question as OP. Is there any way they will contact us to ask for more proof before making the decision about my card? Since my COA says I can't work I'm kind of screwed since my partner's earns just enough for us to scrape by with the bare necessities, and living this way (as we have been for the past 2 months waiting for my COA) for the next 6 months is going to be really difficult.

Would it be better to withdraw my application and reapply with more documentation (payslips, a contract, since now we have them)? Or has anyone had the experience of being contacted to provide more proof before the final decision?

Thanks guys, this is so stressful.

noajthan

Re: Applied for RC as jobseeker, got COA without right to wo

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:06 am

Guidance is clear, if inadequate infornation is provided a refusal is likely.

Caseworkers don't have to follow up to fill gaps in applicants' applications.
And, as you have experienced, they do not.

If you now have a stronger case suggest reapply.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.