ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

telecom/Networking job market in UK ,Urgent!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

techie08
Newly Registered

telecom/Networking job market in UK ,Urgent!

Post by techie08 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:16 pm

hi,

Me and wife have a good 11 and 7 respectively, years of expirence in the telecom and networking Industry with top MNCs in India office.
I am very interested in relocating to UK though HSMP.
But worried ,whether we will find a job from India itself?
I am planning to apply for HSMP and try to get a job offer from India, could you please let me know how easy or difficult is that? I am in two minds, If I leave a good job here and not get a job in UK ,then that would be a big financial risk, which I can not take at present.how good is the UK market for telecom and networking? Is there a trend for employers to have telephonic interviews for people abroad(India)?

Heard that from March 2008, its going to change,so wanted to apply ASAP.

Any advice, thoughts are most welcome.

Thx,
techie08

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:05 pm

I should say usually companies are not keen to interview candidates when they are abroad, unless you are a hotshot and you're skills are in very high demand here. In fact even within the UK, they prefer to interview the candidates face to face and ask you to come down.