ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa application rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ritabh
Newly Registered

Family visitor visa application rejected

Post by ritabh » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Hi All,

I want to apply for family visitor visa for my mother-in-law. My visa status is ILR and I am going to sponsor her stay in UK. First time she applied for visa in Oct 2012 and her application was rejected. The reason was we had to apply for her visa in hurry as she is housewife and didn’t have enough documentation ready in short period of time. We opened the account recently at that time and credited few lacs in the account. Also my father-in-law is farmer and businessman. He is directory of family owned cold storage business and didn’t have any personal account. So we provided the business account detail but unfortunately at that time balance was only Rs 14000 in the account though lacs of rupees moved in and out from the account on regular interval due to festive season. She was having only one house worth INR 1 Cr on her name at that time so we provided property documents along with detail of property estimation done by the government authorized property assessor.

Visa was rejected with the following reasons:

1. You didn’t provide the proof of earning as a farmer and also how do you spend your expenses.
2. In business account only Rs 14K is shown but detail of the big amount transactions is not provided.
3. Property documents can’t be considered as these can’t be verified and readily available.
4. In your account money is credited so please provide the detail of source of the money.

We have to apply for my mother-in-law’s visa again and this time through a different agent. Right now she is having more than 2.5 Lacs in account continuously for more than 1 year. In the business account money is more than 25 Lacs.

My agent is saying that apart from documents provided by sponsor (me), she don’t need to provide any document and proof that explains the reason for the above rejection e.g. business/personal account statements. She only need to provide N.O.C. signed by husband along with mandatory documents e.g. passport. As application was rejected 4 years back so explanation is not required.

I need your advice whether she should apply as suggested by Agent or should she provide the explanation for the reasons of rejection along with statements from business/saving account? Or what else she should provide so that visa application is not rejected this time.

Your advice would be very helpful.

Many thanks

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Family visitor visa application rejected

Post by hassanh » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi,

She should definitely address the reasons of previous refusal (no matter how old the refusal is) by submitting the correct documents and covering letter.

Even if you are sponsoring her and bearing all the expenses, ECO still will want to be assured that she has strong financial and family ties to her family in home country.

Thanks,

ritabh
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor visa application rejected

Post by ritabh » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi hassanh,

Thanks for your reply .I personally also think we should submit the documents related to previous rejection nd strong financials. its just the agent who is telling different story .