ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Close

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aammariana
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application - Close

Post by aammariana » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi

My Fiancee and I are applying for the spouse visa at the end of January, we fit all the requirements except one little problem, I will have only been in my current job for 5 months on a salary greater than 18,600. The other time contraint is that my Fiancee current Visa expires at the end of January. Work has agreed to give me my February's pay and slip along with January's pay, but will the Immigration office accept this?

What if we apply for the 8 week process as in that time I would have worked in my current job for 6 months.

(I haven't earned more than 18,600 over the last 12 months).

Can anyone help us?

Kind regards

A&M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Application - Close

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:27 am

No it won't be accepted to have a Feb payslip if you do not have the corresponding bank statement showing salary credit.

When are you getting married? You can't apply for a spouse visa if you are not married.

What is your Fiance's current immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aammariana
Newly Registered

Post by aammariana » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi cr001

If I can get the money too with a bank statement showing February's pay, would that be accepted?

She is currently on a student visa and we are getting married in early January.

Kind regards

A&M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:18 pm

HO will find it very suspicious if you have a Feb payslip and January bank statement showing a February salary, which is usually only paid end of Feb.

Have you give notice to marry at an HO approved Registry office??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aammariana
Newly Registered

Post by aammariana » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:51 pm

I understand you, but is there any way we can find out if that will work except for going through the process?

We have given notice at an HO approved Registry office.

Thank you for taking the time.

A&M

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:41 pm

You are really in critical situation that your employment is just 1 month short while your wife visa is expiring in same time. Even your employer can give such favor but you both or nobody can beat to clock which HO follow.
If you previously had worked more than 12 months then you can use category B instead category A.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Have you been given Home Office approval to marry without the notification period extended from 28 to 70 days?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aammariana
Newly Registered

Post by aammariana » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:36 pm

I know and its super frustrating that's it's the difference of one month. But our think is that as long as the money is in my account with the payslip and perhaps a letter saying my job is safe for the foreseeable future, why is there a problem?

No we haven't heard back yet, is there nothing we can do to make sure it doesn't become 70 days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 pm

aammariana wrote:I know and its super frustrating that's it's the difference of one month. But our think is that as long as the money is in my account with the payslip and perhaps a letter saying my job is safe for the foreseeable future, why is there a problem? You cannot use money as a salary paid for a month that has not even started yet that you claimed to have worked or will work. You will still not have 6 months bank statements anyway, which is a mandatory requirement. This will throw doubt on the genuineness of your employment as a whole. How long have you and your partner been together? Do you live together and if yes, how long?

No we haven't heard back yet, is there nothing we can do to make sure it doesn't become 70 days? No, there is nothing you can do. With the her visa expiring so soon, HO might take the view that it is a marriage of convenience to remain in the UK. HO doesn't work using emotions and will scrutinise everything carefully.
Why have you and partner not done something a lot sooner than now just before the visa expires?

Do you have any savings?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 pm

aammariana wrote:I know and its super frustrating that's it's the difference of one month. But our think is that as long as the money is in my account with the payslip and perhaps a letter saying my job is safe for the foreseeable future, why is there a problem?

No we haven't heard back yet, is there nothing we can do to make sure it doesn't become 70 days?
No, it's entirely up to the Home Office whether they decide to extend to 70 days in order to interview you both before the wedding can go ahead.

Edit: Beaten by CR001
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.