ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr spouse visa denied. Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Flr spouse visa denied. Help!

Post by Andrea92x » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi
My flr spouse visa was refused

"Whilst you have provided all specified evidenced listed in appendix fm-she for your partners salaried employment with . Your partners lowest level of salary held in 6 months was 1250. Which equates 15000"

He is non salaried. He had bonuses and everything. We met it! Also I never got back my passport. Please help me through this I am so upset and can't imagine being split up from my husband.

thanks for your help,

His payslips were

1,275+1,390.38+1,365.38+1,492.31+2,415.38+1,476.92 =9,415.37

Which I then devided by 6 multiply by 12 and got 18830.74

Am I missing something??
I'm so upset

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Flr spouse visa denied. Help!

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Caseworker's childish brain always gets puzzled. You should have indicated correctly on the form that you are using category A but non salaried and also should have written same in covering letter. Your refusal reason is that the caseworker assumed you as salaried person.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Post by Andrea92x » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:04 pm

I just don't understand how when his paystubs showed his overtime, and differed every month. I clearly wrote in the opening letter that he was non salaried. His employer wrote about bonuses and OT.

I'm now appealing this. I really need some help. We decided to go in to the judge, we paid the fee. I never received conformation about anything, only a receipt for the transaction. When will I receive any sort of notice or what?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Appeals can take many months and often over a year to get a date for a hearing.

HO want to see consistent income. Your partners seem to spike for only one month and was below the required monthly figure required of £1550. HO will always take the payslip with the lowest figure to do the calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:30 pm

CR001 wrote: Your partners seem to spike for only one month and was below the required monthly figure required of £1550. HO will always take the payslip with the lowest figure to do the calculation.
Incorrect. They take lowest earning only in case of salaried employment . For Cat A non salaried its adding up last 6 month , dividing by 6 and multiplying with 12 to calculate gross annual salary which she did correctly
Last edited by ILR1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Andrea92x wrote:Hi
My flr spouse visa was refused

"Whilst you have provided all specified evidenced listed in appendix fm-she for your partners salaried employment with . Your partners lowest level of salary held in 6 months was 1250. Which equates 15000"

He is non salaried. He had bonuses and everything. We met it! Also I never got back my passport. Please help me through this I am so upset and can't imagine being split up from my husband.

thanks for your help,

His payslips were

1,275+1,390.38+1,365.38+1,492.31+2,415.38+1,476.92 =9,415.37

Which I then devided by 6 multiply by 12 and got 18830.74

Am I missing something??
I'm so upset
I will recommend complain about this unprofessional behaviour of ECO and give refrence to this document
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

If you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct, we encourage you to email us at complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, as you’re likely to receive a quicker reply.

If you are unable to email, you can also write to us at:

Complaints allocation hub
Central point of receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Variable non-salaried pay is usually calculated over 26 weeks, then divided by 6 and multiply by 12.

Your case was presented as salaried pay as opposed to non_salary.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Its clearly error from ECO if he/she wrote non salaried in introductory letter . Dont know what his employer wrote in employer letter but if he also wrote non salaried which is apparent if we look at variable income each month then it simply prove the ignorance of ECO about different calculation formula used for non salaried and bonuses/overtime

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 pm

ILR1980 wrote:Its clearly error from ECO if he/she wrote non salaried in introductory letter . Dont know what his employer wrote in employer letter but if he also wrote non salaried which is apparent if we look at variable income each month then it simply prove the ignorance of ECO about different calculation formula used for non salaried and bonuses/overtime
This is an FLR(M) application, not an entry clearance (ECO) application. Bear in mind that bonuses and overtime are also not 'guaranteed' income. It also depends what the contract of employment says vs the letter from employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:Its clearly error from ECO if he/she wrote non salaried in introductory letter . Dont know what his employer wrote in employer letter but if he also wrote non salaried which is apparent if we look at variable income each month then it simply prove the ignorance of ECO about different calculation formula used for non salaried and bonuses/overtime
This is an FLR(M) application, not an entry clearance (ECO) application. Bear in mind that bonuses and overtime are also not 'guaranteed' income. It also depends what the contract of employment says vs the letter from employer.
It does not matter because rule about financial requirements are same for initial application or FLR(M) and
Guideline clearly tell that bonuses and overtime count and how to calculate them

Read 5.1.4 and 5.5.7 from guideline
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

5.1.4The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is
how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure
used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during
the 6 month period.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the
person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months
prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by
6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards
the financial requirement.

5.5.7. Overtime, commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities
paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from
employment where they have been received in the 6 or 12 months prior to the date of
application as applicable. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of
income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with
different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be
calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be
an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the
gross annual salary.

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Post by Andrea92x » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:06 pm

THank you guys for your advice and help. I'm extremely stressed and heartbroken about this all. We have appealed it but only got conformation for our receipt of £140. What is our next step? Will we be contacted soon?

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Post by Andrea92x » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Also, I just like to state that when we applied for the fiancé visa last December we obviously got approved. He worked at the same exact job, same sort of non salaried contract. I just am baffled at this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:13 pm

CR001 wrote:Appeals can take many months and often over a year to get a date for a hearing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Andrea92x wrote:Also, I just like to state that when we applied for the fiancé visa last December we obviously got approved. He worked at the same exact job, same sort of non salaried contract. I just am baffled at this.
You should appeal and have more chances of winning it but i will say also file a complaint because its incompetency of ECO and they might overturned the decision ..

If we look at FLR M form then there is only salaried option under CAT A and same was the case when i filled appendix 2 form as there was no two option of salaried and non salaried under CAT A which is fault at their end . I personally wrote in additional section that how i calculated the income under CAT A as per guideline given for non salaried as only option available for CAT A was salaried .. You include all these points in appeal and complaints

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Post by Andrea92x » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:25 am

Thank you for all your help and advice, I'm definitely going to complain to the home office as well.

Do you recommend calling or emailing? I want to get this sorted, it's so stressful.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:08 am

Andrea92x wrote:Thank you for all your help and advice, I'm definitely going to complain to the home office as well.

Do you recommend calling or emailing? I want to get this sorted, it's so stressful.
All in writing. Generate a papertrail.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Post by Andrea92x » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:14 am

Okay- thanks. I appreciate your help.

Does anyone know anything about appeals? After I payed for it I received conformation of the receipt. But I haven't received anything else since then.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:07 am

Andrea92x wrote:Okay- thanks. I appreciate your help.

Does anyone know anything about appeals? After I payed for it I received conformation of the receipt. But I haven't received anything else since then.
You seem to be ignoring my repeated posts about appeals taking many months or often longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:27 am

CR001 wrote:Appeals can take many months and often over a year to get a date for a hearing.
There is no SLA for appeals. Be prepared for a loooonnnnnnggggg wait.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Andrea92x
Newly Registered

Post by Andrea92x » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:14 am

I know, but I don't want to go back to America without my husband nor do I want to pay another huge amount for an application, for someone's mistake. It isn't fair.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Andrea92x wrote:I know, but I don't want to go back to America without my husband nor do I want to pay another huge amount for an application, for someone's mistake. It isn't fair.
I've read your thread on another site. As you are in the UK on a (now expired) fiance visa, your terms remain the same while you wait- no working, not even remotely and no free access to the NHS.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Petaltop wrote:, not even remotely and no free access to the NHS.
Please ignore that advise. It is wrong and misleading. If a person entered on Fiance visa, they are permitted to use NHS. If they apply for settlement before their visa expires, then section 3C will be engaged.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:35 pm

That is interesting, Obie. Do you mean 'expires' rather than 'arrives'? Also, is it because the applicant has paid for IHS and is awaiting settlement visa that entitles them to use NHS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 pm

michali wrote:That is interesting, Obie. Do you mean 'expires' rather than 'arrives'? Also, is it because the applicant has paid for IHS and is awaiting settlement visa that entitles them to use NHS?
IHS is not payable for a fiance visa.

IHS paid for a spouse visa that is then refused, the IHS fee will be refunded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:26 pm

I understand but won't the IHS payment be refunded If and when the appeal is unsuccessful and will she be able to use the NHS while waiting for the appeal to be heard?