ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Beware of mehndi

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maveli62

Beware of mehndi

Post by maveli62 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 am

TBritish Embassy in India will not take your finger print if you have mehndi on hand. So girls keep your hand neat and tidy, some of the newly wed have to wait for couple of more weeks to enjoy the honemoon here.

parvez

Post by parvez » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 am

Good warning there Maveli.

My wife and I were caught by this in early January 2008 when we tried to apply for her settlement visa to join me here in the UK, after our marriage in December 2007. We tried twice at VFS Mumbai South but they wouldn't take her paperwork in as she had mehndi on her hands. If we knew about the mehndi rule from before she would not have applied it on her hands in the first place! :(

The mehndi finally cleared 2 weeks later and she submitted all the documents, but we have found that they will need to interview her. She will get an appointment for interview tomorrow and the interview itself will hopefully be some time later this month.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:21 pm

That is crazy!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:57 pm

VictoriaS wrote:That is crazy!

Victoria
Victoria, on a different note, where is Amanda Jones? Kinda missed her a bit! :lol: 8)
Praise The Lord!!!!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Henna paste, the active component in mehndi, is a well-identified "attack" against fingerprint recognition systems. It "masks" and changes the appearance of the finger ridge patterns.

parvez

Post by parvez » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:38 am

Victoria
Yep, it's crazy indeed. But I guess it's just one of those things, where you can do nothing but sit and wait. :( If it wasn't for the new rule, I'm pretty confident my wife would have flown back to the UK with me when I came back from India early last month. But as it stands, she will need to attend an interview at the British Deputy High Commission's office in Mumbai on 15th February.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Victoria
What's so crazy about it?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:38 pm

olisun wrote:

Victoria
What's so crazy about it?
There's nothing crazy about it. The fingerprint imaging devices have a hard time with mehndi.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 am

It's crazy that fingerprint technology is so backward!

As for Amanda...I don't know, and have been wondering the same. She's a busy lady, so maybe work has taken up too much time of late. I'l drop her a line tomorrow anyway, as I have some work for her.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

simantadatta

Post by simantadatta » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 am

Sorry to reply back on an old post.. but just wondering, is there anything else apart from mehendi/henna that we need to be cautious about when it comes to fingerprinting ?... for example, my fingers are a bit rough and has marks (parmanet) as i play the guitar .. there's nothing much I can do to fix my fingers now anyway :) but hey.. may be others could be helped ..

Silly question, eh ?