ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR for PR date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnkk
Greece

Re: SAR for PR date

Post by johnkk » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:28 pm

I did a SAR request using the fast-track method (free, no solicitor) back in the 1st week of October.
I now got a copy of all caseworker notes entered into the CID database, including date of acquiring PR.

It took exactly 20 working days to receive the reply ( 1 calendar month ).

cleeo
Newly Registered

Post by cleeo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:45 pm

johnkk wrote:I did a SAR request using the fast-track method (free, no solicitor) back in the 1st week of October.
I now got a copy of all caseworker notes entered into the CID database, including date of acquiring PR.

It took exactly 20 working days to receive the reply ( 1 calendar month ).
thats a very good news, would you be able to share what exactly did you request on the application from, just CID database records?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:09 pm

thats a very good news, would you be able to share what exactly did you request on the application from, just CID database records?
I ticked all boxes on the fast-track SAR and wrote 'Please disclose all files/data held about me on the Caseworker Information Database'. (Sorry, I'm not actually the OP but also managed to get my PR date via a fast-track SAR)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:05 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:
I ticked all boxes on the fast-track SAR and wrote 'Please disclose all files/data held about me on the Caseworker Information Database'. (Sorry, I'm not actually the OP but also managed to get my PR date via a fast-track SAR)
Sorry to be a bit thick here but I have some stupid questions. I tried finding a filling out a SAR form for dummies thread but could not.
  • In which section did you explicitly state what you need (e.g. Permanent residence date)? I can't see a place where you have free text to indicate this. Is it right below the three tick boxes?

Do I need to fill out section 3 if I am applying for myself? Seems to me like it's an N/A.

Finally, I read around the forum and someone mentioned needing certified documents from July 2016 but this does not seem to be the case from my reading of the form.
I would really appreciate it if someone can provide a response.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:51 pm

1) Next to the tick box saying IT records

2) No, not needed unless you have a representative (e.g. solicitor)

3) You only need them for the standard SAR. Certified copies are not required for the Fast-track one, no idea why^^
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:57 am

You're awesome. Thnaks a lot.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:56 pm

Hello

yet another unsuccessful SAR request outcome.

We asked for the date when PR was acquired, they send us dates when it was applied for and issued.

Seriously, what's wrong??? Why others seem to have no problems getting this information from HO?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Request a fast-track SAR: no fee and no certified id required.
What's not to like!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 pm

buktais wrote:Hello

yet another unsuccessful SAR request outcome.

We asked for the date when PR was acquired, they send us dates when it was applied for and issued.

Seriously, what's wrong??? Why others seem to have no problems getting this information from HO?

The result still depends what's on file in applicant's CID record. It may be recorded incorrectly.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 pm

noajthan wrote:Request a fast-track SAR: no fee and no certified id required.
What's not to like!
this was in fact fast track one made 3 weeks ago!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:36 pm

buktais wrote:
noajthan wrote:Request a fast-track SAR: no fee and no certified id required.
What's not to like!
this was in fact fast track one made 3 weeks ago!
It doesn't guarantee you will see what you wish to see.

The result still depends what's on file in applicant's CID record. It may be recorded incorrectly.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 pm

So there's nothing else we can do? I really want to help my friend. 2 SAR requests, one standard, another fast track and no luck. If they wrote "we do not have this date in our records" that's fine, but not they write something absolutely irrelevant. like they once again did not understand what they were asked about.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:06 pm

buktais wrote:So there's nothing else we can do? I really want to help my friend. 2 SAR requests, one standard, another fast track and no luck. If they wrote "we do not have this date in our records" that's fine, but not they write something absolutely irrelevant. like they once again did not understand what they were asked about.
Don't forget there is no joined-up thinking going on here.
The poor old FOI/SAR people probably have no idea why they are suddenly getting an avalanche of requests about PR dates.
They are not part of a holistic system designed to feed vital information to EU nationals and their families.

HO rolled out the change to make what is an an optional and purely confirmatory EU document mandatory for naturalisation in the full knowledge it does not record key data such as the date of acquisition of PR.
Then again, why should it?! it was never intended for that use by the wider EU powers that be who designed the format of the card.

So all that remains is to hope the date gets recorded in the CID databank system purring away in the bowels of HO HQ.
Maybe its recorded, maybe not.
Maybe its keyed in accurately, maybe not.
Who knows.

Last chance is to apply via NCS and rely on NCS to call up HO and make enquiries on behalf of the applicant.
Although they will hit same buffers if CID is wrong or blank.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:12 pm

I applied for my husband's fast track SAR last month and received last week after 20 days.
I did come with his PR aquired date and for my surprise, even with mine PR acquired date ( as I have PRC as non-eu immigrant and husband, who is EU citizen, was the sponsor.)
We ticked all the 3 boxes and wrote a note asking for his PR acquired date.

It is a lot of information and we had to read it 3 times to find the 2 lines sentence where it says about possible PR entitlement.
It may be written in other words.